Focal Point
[CASE OPENED] Dev Studio v8.1.04 -- "Make Same Size" Not Working!

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7347054776

July 27, 2015, 09:50 AM
Craig R.
[CASE OPENED] Dev Studio v8.1.04 -- "Make Same Size" Not Working!
OK, just throwing this out there to see if this is happening to anyone else. Try this:

Start a fresh HTML form in the HTML Composer, add two different-sized textboxes, and then try to use the "Make same width," "Make same height," and "Make same size" buttons. They just don't seem to work for me! Deeply disappointed that this long-standing, "basic" editing feature is broken. I've opened a case. We'll see...

Craig

v8.1.04, 64-bit Windows (Reporting Server), Apache Tomcat (Web/App Server), HTML, PDF, AHTML, Excel outputs
July 27, 2015, 12:48 PM
CoolGuy
Craig,

I just tried this in AppStudio 8.1.04 and DevStudio 8.0.09 and it works fine. You may want to upgrade (or downgrade if you aren't thrilled about AppStudio just yet).

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.
July 27, 2015, 02:07 PM
Craig R.
Yes, I should have pointed out that these (fundamental) features works fine in App Studio.

Butbutbut I've got DOZENS of forms to migrate into 8.1.04 that make use of the double listbox control -- and some of these forms have TWO of these controls! The newer Dev Studio is essentially "playing nice" with the modifications I've made to the double LB control (e.g., added buttons for "move all items right" and "move all items left", etc.), and the forms look and function essentially as they do in v7.7. App Studio, on the other hand, is basically running home to Mama and resetting the controls to their stock features (including font and font size, for crying out loud!). Just too much work to do to meet our deadline for cut-over to v8, so I thought I'd stick to Dev Studio for these forms.

Craig

v8.1.04, 64-bit Windows (Reporting Server), Apache Tomcat (Web/App Server), HTML, PDF, AHTML, Excel outputs