Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SHARING] IE8 not opening up for Dev Studio -- Anyone else having this problem?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SHARING] IE8 not opening up for Dev Studio -- Anyone else having this problem?
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
I've installed IE8 on my machine and now when I run a report on a server on a separate machine from Dev Studio (that is, open the focexec for editing, then click the Run button) the report does not appear. When I look at my task manager in the Processes window I can see the iexplore.exe process has been spawned (in fact it spawns two) but it does not appear on the screen. IE8 seems to run correctly in all other respects.

Has anyone else seen this?

J.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I had this but after restarting the system, everything is normal. Mine might be a different issue may be.

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All

Posts: 484 | Registered: February 03, 2009Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The restart didn't help me. I also have two versions of Dev Studio (including 7.6.9) on the machine but I've run the ThisFoci.bat file and restarted and it does not appear to being fixing my problem.

It's like a transmission that's going sour -- yesterday it was acting up but I could kill the process in the task manager and then it would work. Today that's not working either.

J.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I've found that with IE8, "compatibitiliy view" is my best friend. It's on all the time and fixes a lot of "odd" behaviors for me

Guru
posted Hide Post
FortuneCookie,

Is IE8 officially supported yet? I was using it for a while and found that I had to leave Compatibility View mode on almost all the time.

Eventually I discovered there were some issues with DevStudio where the javascript for certain controls was incomplete. After discovering that I abandoned IE8 altogether.

Good luck!

Dan

7.7.05M/7.7.03 HF6 on Windows Server 2003 SP2 output to whatever is required.

Posts: 393 | Location: St. Paul, MN | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
IE 8 has problems with Dev Studio when run on Vista. I found some cases..May be better downgrade to XP. I use IE 8 with XP and with no issues..

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All

Posts: 484 | Registered: February 03, 2009Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I'm on XP Pro.

For the most part I can use it though it fails at one customer site consistently. On other sites I have to go into the task manager and blow iexplore away and then it will function again.

Don't know why I decided to upgrade.

Thanks for the replies.

J.