Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Row Level security

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Row Level security
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,
I have implemented row level security in the master file. For Eg.

END
DBA=ADMIN, DBAFILE=DYNAM_DBA, $

I am creating dynamically DYNAM_DBA.mas file which contains users,access and restriction details.For that I have created procedure and getting data from my security table.My security table contains only username and group name.

Once I executed that procedure , storing data in DYNAM_DBA.mas file is

DBA=ADMIN, $
USER= 000008user1, ACCESS=R ,$
RESTRICT=VALUE, NAME=SYSTEM, VALUE=GROUP_ID EQ '000007GARLAND ',$

My security table contains Username is user1 and group name is GARLAND but here I am getting
User is 000008user1 and group name is
000007GARLAND .

Can anyone suggest why its displaying like this?

Thanks
Chiranjeevi

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Expert
posted Hide Post
I wonder if you need to UNLOAD, and reLOAD the MASTER into memory ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
VARCHAR vs. Alpha; VARCHAR puts the length in front of the value...

Re-Define the column into alpha...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Well spotted Tom.

Good One

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom,
I changed data type to alpha fixed, its working perfectly now.
Thank you very much.

Regards
Chiranjeevi

posted Hide Post
Hi ,

The security implementation is working for all procedures created through developer studio, but getting error while selecting those master files to create adhoc reports using Infoassist.

I am using same master file in infoassist to create adhoc reports, error is

(FOC047)THE USER DOES NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT ACCESS RIGHTS TO THE FILE:

Please let me know if u have any suggestions.

Thanks
Chiranjeevi

Expert
posted Hide Post
When implementing Data Security, you usually have to issue a SET PASS = password.

Here is some Documentation.

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom

Thanks for your response.

In Webfocus Administration Console, under Configuration --> Custom Settings,
given as IBIMR_user = &IBIMR_user (pass)

In Managed Reporting , created user name is user1 which belongs to GROUP1 group.

My master file name is DIM_SERVICE_TMP(at last given DBA security) which contains

FILENAME=dim_service_tmp, SUFFIX=SQLMSS , $
SEGMENT=DIM_SERVICE_TMP, SEGTYPE=S0, $
FIELDNAME=SERVICE_TMP_KEY, ALIAS=SERVICE_TMP_KEY, USAGE=I11, ACTUAL=I4, FIELDTYPE=R, $
FIELDNAME=SERVICE_NUM, ALIAS=SERVICE_NUM, USAGE=A10V, ACTUAL=A10V, FIELDTYPE=R,
MISSING=ON, $
FIELDNAME=SERVICE_TYPE, ALIAS=SERVICE_TYPE, USAGE=A4V, ACTUAL=A4V, FIELDTYPE=R,
MISSING=ON, $
FIELDNAME=SERVICE_NAME, ALIAS=SERVICE_NAME, USAGE=A30V, ACTUAL=A30V, FIELDTYPE=R,
MISSING=ON, $
FIELDNAME=GROUP_ID, ALIAS=GROUP_ID, USAGE=A20V, ACTUAL=A20V, FIELDTYPE=R,
MISSING=ON, $
FIELDNAME=LOAD_DATE, ALIAS=LOAD_DATE, USAGE=HYYMDs, ACTUAL=HYYMDs, FIELDTYPE=R,
MISSING=ON, $
FIELDNAME=LAST_UPDATED_DATE, ALIAS=LAST_UPDATED_DATE, USAGE=HYYMDs, ACTUAL=HYYMDs, FIELDTYPE=R,
MISSING=ON, $
END
DBA=ADMIN,$
USER=user1, ACCESS=R ,RESTRICT=VALUE, NAME=SYSTEM, VALUE=GROUP_ID EQ 'GROUP1',$

My procedure contains

-SET &PASS = &IBIMR_user;
SET PASS = &PASS
-RUN
TABLE FILE DIM_SERVICE_TMP
PRINT
DIM_SERVICE_TMP.DIM_SERVICE_TMP.SERVICE_TMP_KEY
DIM_SERVICE_TMP.DIM_SERVICE_TMP.SERVICE_NUM
DIM_SERVICE_TMP.DIM_SERVICE_TMP.SERVICE_TYPE
DIM_SERVICE_TMP.DIM_SERVICE_TMP.SERVICE_NAME
DIM_SERVICE_TMP.DIM_SERVICE_TMP.GROUP_ID
HEADING
" Password used is &PASS"
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = endeflt,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

In Business Intelligence Dashboard View Builder, I have selected default look for my dashboard which contains menu option as Logoff,Accessibility,Tree, etc..

When I am executing the report by using user name as user1 , executing fine and restricts the data thats why I used DBA security (Upto this no problem).

In my dashboard I have Tree option.

Once I click Tree, its dispalying my domain(domain name is Sample) which contains Sample --> Standard Reports --> NewFolder --> Page1(My dashboard page)

I want to create one more report by using InfoAssist, so I right clicked NewFolder and selected InfoAssist which contains options
as Build a Report, Build a Chart, Bulid a Document , etc..

I have selected Build a Report option , it shows me the list of master files, again selected DIM_SERVICE_TMP master file (implemented DBA security).
Once I selected that file it gives error message as

(FOC047)THE USER DOES NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT ACCESS RIGHTS TO THE FILE:

If I select any master file without implementing DBA security it is working fine.

Please suggest me where I am wrong or I have to mention IBIMR_user anywhere else?

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi A.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Did you try PERMPASS?
Another option, more administrative, is to set User Profiles on the Reporting Server with
SET PASS=&IBIMR_user
or
SET PERMPASS=&IBIMR_user

Don't need &PASS...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

posted Hide Post
Hi,

I tried PERMPASS also , which is working fine in developer studio but whenever trying to create reports using infoassist , getting same error.

In WebFocus Administration Console,
Reporting Servers --> Remote Seervices, Selected necessary node and in that profile given as SET PERMPASS=&IBIMR_user.

Even that one is not working.
What is the use of setting variable here?
How it will work whenever I am trying to create reports using InfoAssist option?

As of now created reports(procedures) through developer studio is working fine because I am using SET PERMPASS=&IBIMR_user or
SET PASS=&IBIMR_user for all the reports but how to give similar one whenever I am trying to create reports using InfoAssist.

Please suggest me.

Thanks & Regards,
Chiranjeevi A.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Suggestion to add PERMPASS was not to the custom settings in the Administrative Console, but, on the Reporting Server. Try adding this to the Server Profile on the "Reporting Server":

Workspace
  Configuration
    Configuaration Files
      Server Profiles
SET PASS = &IBIMR_user

Make sure you save it.

If that doesn't work:

Workspace
  Configuration
    Configuaration Files
      User Profiles
SET PASS = &IBIMR_user

Click the SAVE icon
Save the file as user1

If this doesn't work either, please open a case with IBI...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

posted Hide Post
Hi Tom,
Thank you very much for your response.
Its working fine now.

Regards,
Chiranjeevi A.