Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED BY IB] html link to a fex produces a 'logon to MRE' screen

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED BY IB] html link to a fex produces a 'logon to MRE' screen
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Before upgrading to 7.6.2, we had a few html links to reports in MRE under 7.3.1 that worked very well. Those links produce a "logon to Managed Reporting" screen now, anyone know why this could be?

Here's an example of what we had been using...
http://svr99wfrs/ibi_apps/WFServlet?
REP_GRP_CHRONO=BYMONTH&
BEGIN_MONTH=200608&
END_MONTH=200708&
FACILITY_CODE=FOC_NONE&
IBIMR_domain=matrixxg%2Fmatrixxg.htm&
IBIMR_action=MR_RUN_FEX&
IBIMR_sub_action=MR_STD_REPORT&
IBIMR_fex=app%2Fwcqrgj18.fex&
IBIF_ex=app%2Fwcqrgj18.fex&
IBIMR_flags=&
IBIMR_folder=%23newdivisiona&
IBIMR_user=jasonk&
IBIMR_pass=my_password&
IBIMR_random=0.07300190680992202&
Submit=Submit
">Show Report

The link is created by 'publishing' a .fex and using the querystring from address bar for the parameters. This worked fine in 7.1.3, but not in 7.6.2 as we are being prompted. The user and password (jasonk/my_password) are set up as MRE administrators.

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Jason,

IBIMR_drill=RUNID will bypass the requirement for an MR_COOKIE so that the MR reports can be accessed from a self-service user.

To find out more info, please check the 761 security manual, page 129-130.

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
thanks kerry.
All seems to be good now.

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Kerry,

I checked the manual and I'm trying to locate my Publish option in MRE. The report that I need to run outside of MRE is a custom report. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Dev: WebFOCUS 7.6.10, Data Migrator 7.6.10
QA: WebFOCUS 7.6.10, Data Migrator 7.6.10
Prod: WebFOCUS 7.6.2, Data Migrator 7.6.8
Windows 2K3, Tomcat 5.5.17, IIS 6
Usage: HTML, PDF, Excel, Self-serve, BID and MRE

Posts: 197 | Location: Roseville, CA | Registered: January 24, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Dan,

Suggestion from experts: That’s a totally different scenario, but for what we call “self service” you can try:

http://<computer name>:<Port Number>/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=<Code>&IBIAPPS_app=<app name under app path>

http://localhost:8080/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=carinst&IBIAPPS_app=ibisamp

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Kerry,

Yes, we have been using the "self service" format for quite some time now.

The reason I asked for running the MRE custom report outside of MRE( just like a self service app), is that we want to empower the user to be able to create reports that will be used as data sources for their other apps, e.g. Excel, via web query.

Also, I was able to find threads on how to publish standard reports. Looks like there is no option for that in custom reports.

Thanks,
Dan

Posts: 197 | Location: Roseville, CA | Registered: January 24, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
"publish standard reports" means creating launch pages;
there's a huge difference between 'allowing your users to be able to create reports' (that's coding fexes) and publishing launch pages. Custom reports is yet another animal...something a developer has written for an end user and parked in the end-users own basedir. Excel queries you can make with a right click on the html report in your brower, there's an article on focal point's Techniques section on that. so we're not at all clear on what you're trying to do...alot of overlapping vocabulary.
In your post above, repost, and put your html code bits in between code tags (see red brackets) so we can read it, and make sure it represents EXACTLY whats on your launch page.
You create launch pages 1 of 2 ways:
via HTML painter in devstu
via PUBLISH from mre
or from scratch.
ok, 1 of 3 ways.
If you are aiming at a launch from an IIS site, like from somewhere in InetPub/wwwroot/ or somewhere totally different, then using PUBLISH will give you (at the bottom, nuke all the gibberish) the various
[input type=hidden...] tags that your launch page will need. look carefully at the domain and path bits in those tags to make sure the proper path is established . Sometimes, during migrations, mre domain and folder names change (because people don't realize what the true dir names really are) and launch pages 'that used to work' don't work anymore.
I have to tackle a messed up migration like this tomorrow morning.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Let me give a short background on the current process. The users have an existing application in Excel using VBA/macros. They use a direct connect to the source to get the data (via SQL statement).

We have existing business objects that have the data they need. Instead of using a query, they would have to use a web query.

What we do now is create a fex against that BO in DevStudio and give them the URL to run the report and populate their data cells in the Excel application.

To minimize IT bottlenecks in developing this fexes, we can they can login to MRE and create their own custom reports for the data that they need.

I was hoping that they can publish their own custom reports and we can just assist them with constructing the URL to be used in their app.

There was a post in the forum that one way to easily get the MR parameters is to publish the report and check the list on the htm file created, example:

&IBIMR_domain=rvkronos/rvkronos.htm
&IBIMR_action=MR_RUN_FEX
&IBIMR_sub_action=MR_STD_REPORT
&IBIMR_fex=app/dan_test.fex
&IBIF_ex=app/dan_test.fex
&IBIMR_flags=
&IBIMR_drill=RUNNID
&IBIMR_folder=#kronosexport
&IBIMR_random=

From what I read so far, you can only publish standard reports. Not custom reports. Does that mean the we have to make their custom report as standard then publish? If they decide to update their custom report with 2 new fields, then we also have to update the standard report to reflect their changes. What other options to we have for the &IBIMR_sub_action parameter? Do we have one for custom reports?