Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
holdmast
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

I am trying to save master file on the server for the hold file I am creating. Following syntax is not working for me. I will appreciate any suggestion. (WF523 on Win2K)

FILEDEF HOLDMAST DIR D:\IBI
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COUNTRY CAR
ON TABLE HOLD AS TEST1 FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN

Posts: 20 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 23, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Try

APP HOLD appname

Where appname is a subfolder in D:\ibi\apps.

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
<WFUser>
posted
APP HOLD is probably the better way to go but if you want to use HOLDMAST, I believe the syntax is SET HOLDMAST=drive:\\dir

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Your syntax is correct, Saif. No idea why it doesn't work. Might you have TEMPDIR set to something earlier in your fex, or in your edasprof? But here's work around. I have stopped using FILEDEF HOLDMAST completely, because it parks too much interim stuff on the designated drives, and in a long fex i have to turn it on, turn it off, turn it on...yuck.
So, instead i leave it unset, and just copy the master file out of the agent and write it to the designated directory.
ON TABLE HOLD AS TEMP1 FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN
CMD COPY TEMP1.MAS D:\IBI\TEMP1.MAS
This works for me like a charm. I only copy what i need and have no foc$hold.mas hanging around.
I also make sure that my TEMPDIR is set to the agent i'm in. just to make sure i'm not tripping over it.
-SET &MYPATH = TEMPPATH(40,'A40');
SET TEMPDIR = &MYPATH

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Susannah, your solution worked for me, though the above two solutions given by pillippo and WF user did not work me. Also my own syntax was correct as per the book and it did not work.
I appreciate your help.

Posts: 20 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 23, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
you might want to search and find where your master is going.
WHENCE TEMP1 MASTER
is the command that will find the first occurrence in your path of the master named temp1.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
If your WebFOCUS server is "APP enabled", i.e., using APP PATH ... to set up the application paths, then the FILEDEF will not work, the APP HOLD appname will work.

If you're using EDAPATH to set up the application paths, then FILEDEF will work.

Or something like that!

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I also add;

SET TEMPERASE = OFF

Posts: 428 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post