Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Loop or repeat to create multiple excel tabs

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Loop or repeat to create multiple excel tabs
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

I just need some direction on a process I'd like to look into. I'd like to repeat this code below and open the results in their excel tab each month for past 12 months. Example tab one will reflect June 2019, tab two reflects July 2019 etc..

DEFINE FILE BILLINGEDITS_BLACKKNIGHT
COMPLETED_MONTHLY/MtrYY = HDATE(COMPLETIONDATE, 'YYMD');
COMPLETED_DAILY/YYMD = HDATE(COMPLETIONDATE, 'YYMD');
END

TABLE FILE BILLINGEDITS_BLACKKNIGHT
SUM
COMPUTE ACTIVITY/A60 = 'Billing Edits - BlackKnight';
COMPLETED_MONTHLY
COMPUTE DAILY_COMPLETED/I5 = CNT.STATUS;
BY COMPLETED_DAILY
WHERE COMPLETED_DAILY GT &12_MTHS_AGO;
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XLSX CLOSE
END
-RUN
-EXIT

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

8.2, windows, excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
Check out the documentation on BYTOC.

Try searching for "Creating a Simple TOC Report". Has an example which looks like its what you want.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM DEALER_COST
SALES
BY COUNTRY NOPRINT
BY CAR
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XLSX
ON TABLE SET COMPOUND 'BYTOC 1'
END

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, this is exactly what I needed. Really appreciate it.

8.2, windows, excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Tomishere

I really hope you read the documentation and understand this option and not just copy what BabakNYC has posted.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post