Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED]Large Business Views spanning subject areas

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED]Large Business Views spanning subject areas
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, I am new to WebFOCUS. We are rolling out version 7.7.02 and have some questions around best practices.

We’re interested in rolling out 1 big Sales Business View, pulling from our dimensional data warehouse.

We think that we'll have to build summary sql views in our DB, so that users don't get misleading results in WF Infoassist when pulling data from Business Views that join Master Files with different levels of grain (ex. sales order line(one ordered qty row with a qty of 1) & sales order deliveries (many qty rows)) I guess the question is, how do we get the sales order line qty field to stop repeating automatically for every delivery row in InfoAssist without using two reports ?

We know we can write reports to deal with this, but would rather put it in the Business View feeding InfoAssist. We want to turn the Business Views over to the power users and make it very easy for them to run reports across several subject areas (Sales Order Lines and Deliveries for example) within one Sales Business View.

We think we may be missing somethingSmiler

I apologize if I’m asking this question incorrectly. I am new to WF!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egghead,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
7702 has introduced metadata based sub-selects. One of the major benefits that I can see is the ability to incorporate conditional facts and measures from multiple sources under the same view. It allows you to do things like context sensitive distinct counts and any summary based calculation on the fly and avoid data replication that can happen when you are trying to merge different tables at different granularity levels. Open a case with CSS to get the doc on this feature.

Good luck

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you dhagen! One of our developers opened a case but the tech does not know about this feature or document. Any suggestions?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Ask them for page 2 and 12-14 of the January 2011 Tech Insider.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post