Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] insert xml HOLD file into cell in table

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] insert xml HOLD file into cell in table
 Login/Join

posted
I have a need to HOLD some data as XML and then write that data into a single cell in a table via SQL passthru. Anyone have an idea how to do this? Also, I'll need to retrieve this data later in my process and turn it back into a HOLD file. One last thing to note, I need to do this within a fex and not via a WF tool.

Thanks for the help

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF version 8105
all output

Expert
posted Hide Post
It shouldn't be that difficult.

How much data is expected? XML pads the data out.

Also what "style" of xml ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It isn't a lot of data, 3 columns and probably no more than 300 rows. As for the xml "style", it just has to be a format recognized by WebFOCUS to be converted back into a HOLD file.

WF version 8105
all output

Expert
posted Hide Post
If you are building the SQL to do the update, then I don't see an issue.

Can I ask why you need xml ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It doesn't need to be xml. It could be csv or json. I just need to be able to re-transform it back into a HOLD file that can be used

WF version 8105
all output

Expert
posted Hide Post
I think CSV will be a much smaller and more manageable format.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
It doesn't need to be xml. It could be csv or json. I just need to be able to re-transform it..

The following post talks about displaying a JSON formatted string within a WebFOCUS report. Not exactly sure what your input or output requirements are, and thought this might assist.
http://forums.informationbuild...1057331/m/9117099786