Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Tip & Technique Contest - Top 10 get to present at Summit

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Tip & Technique Contest - Top 10 get to present at Summit
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Hello Focal Point Members - I am pleased to announce that we will have a tip and technique contest for Focal Point Members. The winners will be announced at Summit in Vegas. The prizes are really great too! We will give top prizes to the top three winners. The top 10 will be selected and will be able to demonstrate their tip and technique during our session at Summit. Our session will take place on Tuesday May 22nd from 4:00-5:30.

Thank you to hammo1j and S.J. Kadish for giving me this idea!

********CONTEST GUIDELINES********
The deadline for submission is May 1st.
* Please submit your Focal Point Tip and Technique in a doc file with your name, Focal Point ID, Company, Title, and number of years you have been using Focus/WebFOCUS
* Submission must be in two parts:
- In the first part describe the problem you are solving e.g. I have three identical files on three separate machines, and I need to combine the data into one aggregated report.
- In the second part show your solution or code (with comments).
* Your tip can be shown in 5 minutes or less. Noreen Redden will present it on your behalf.
* All entries will be judged on originality, complexity of problem, and elegance of solution.
* Send all submissions to focalpoint@ibi.com in a word document.
* You must be a Focal Point Member to participate.

Thanks for being a member of the Focal Point Community!

Kathleen ButlerSmiler
Information Builders

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kathleen Butler,

Posts: 391 | Location: New York | Registered: September 20, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Has anyone submitted a tip or technique to this yet?

I just sent mine in.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Yes, they are starting to come in! Still need more though. Keep them comingSmiler. There is still plenty of time to participate.

KathleenSmiler

Posts: 391 | Location: New York | Registered: September 20, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Think it's a good idea you have here but what about starting the comp for 2008 after the Vegas Summit as a running thread.

That way we can have all year to discuss ideas on the forum before they are presented next year.

I'd rather have my excitement as a daily, rather than an annual fix!

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hi there - All of the submission will be published right after Summit for all to see.

KathleenSmiler

Expert
posted Hide Post
you know, we already have this capability built right in to the Point, its the 'Rate this thread' feature. What about just the Top 10 rated threads? totally community driven.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post