Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] WebFOCUS Script Commands - non-system variables

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] WebFOCUS Script Commands - non-system variables
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Can I retrieve non-system and non-HTML header variables using WebFOCUS Script Commands in site.wfs? If so, how? I've tried the usual and (pass) commands on a hidden form variable and I can't get it to work.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis,
Exactly what are you looking for?
Within a browser environment the only things available are what the browser can touch - and that can vary of course by using pieces of add-on code like javascript and ajax and ....
But as a rule, hidden form variables should be passed on to webfocus client and the reporting server.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I am working on a POC to unite two different environments onto one server. One application ues MRE security to login and then navigate to a self-service app. Becasue it navigates to an HTM URL, nothing is passed after MRE authentication. I'm hoping to pass a non-system variable to identify the application and trap that variable in site.wfs so I can set the APP PATH.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What I have done in a similar (but not equal) situation, is capture the url-address itself and act upon that. The url is a standard available http header variable, so there should not be a problem capturing it in the webfocus environment.
In my case it was a question of various customer coming in to the same server and each customer has it's own database which I had to be able to distinguish. By capturing the url (which is slightly different for each customer) I could make this distinction.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis,
I did a lab at Summit on using the WFS Scripting commands to customize an environment.

It has quite a few examples on ways to get HTTP Header variables, and other WebFOCUS variables. You might find it useful.

It is available here:
http://www.informationbuilders...00771044261580226206

WF 71.x, 76.x, 7701, 8.0 Beta OS: Linux, Win2k3, Win2k, Win2k8, WinXP

Posts: 203 | Registered: November 19, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
that doesn't sound very secure. Maybe a more secure (albeit still not very secure) option would be to capture the referrer header. That would be a little more difficult for the casual user to fake.

- ABT

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
There are some good ideas here. I have a reasonable solution too.

The one problem with all of these is that they won't control Dev Studio. So perhaps I require additional stuff for Dev Studio. APPLOCK was proposed along with server profiles for each developer that will use Dev Studio.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Mr. Logan,

Thanks very much for informing me about the summit lab. I downloaded the document and gave it a good read-through. From reading some of your example code, I resolved a problem I had with my code - the documentation in the security manual is meagre (pathetic?).

I have trouble with Dev Studio. I need to set an APP PATH based on Data Server Credentials stored in the Dev Studio WebFOCUS Environment settings, but the User ID does not get recognized in site.prf.

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ms. Mariani,

What you likely want is something like the following:

<IF> IBIC_user EQ "BOB"
_site_profile=&site_profile\nAPP PREPEND TEST\n
<ENDIF>

With that code its assuming you want that to execute based on if the Reporting Server userid is Bob, and it will map the path to PREPEND Test to the APP PATH (My FOCUS skills are minimal, so hopefully that APP PREPEND statement is correct, but you get the idea).

If you need it specific for DevStudio, I have some code at the very end of that PDF for how to recognize Developer Studio.

If you get stuck getting the logic to work, describe how you would like it to work and open a case with Techsupport. When you open the case include a WFServlet trace of the code running and not working right.

WFS Scripting is usually pretty easy to debug with a WFServlet trace.

WF 71.x, 76.x, 7701, 8.0 Beta OS: Linux, Win2k3, Win2k, Win2k8, WinXP

Posts: 203 | Registered: November 19, 2007Report This Post