Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Select ALL using Report Painter

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Select ALL using Report Painter
 Login/Join

posted
How do I get a report to select all? I want my report to run by selecting all the offices and all the workers to give me a statewide report. I am not using a HTML Launch Page (yet)

I also want it to run by selecting an office and no worker for the entire office, selecting a worker and no office and selecting an office and worker (this last one runs)

WHERE ( RPT_PER_TYP_CD EQ '&DATAPERD' )
AND ( RPT_PER_END_DT EQ DT(&PRD_END_DT) )
AND ( CAS_OFC_CD EQ &OFFCE.(AND(FIND CAS_OFC_CD,CAS_OFC_CD IN tcsc)).OFFCE. )
AND ( CAS_WRKR_USR_ID EQ &CSWRKUID.(AND(FIND CAS_WRKR_USR_ID,TCSC.TCSC.CAS_WRKR_USR_ID IN tcsc)).CSWRKUID. );

This is what I get after it runs (no selection on worker/office)

-SET &PRD_END_DT = 20110630;
-SET &DATAPERD = P;
-SET &OFFCE = FOC_NONE;
-SET &CSWRKUID = FOC_NONE;

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

jeanna.thompson@okdhs.org
OMES|ISD|RDW
405-522-1213

WebFOCUS 7.7.05
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I believe you actually need to use OR not AND to achieve what you want.
AND ( RPT_PER_END_DT EQ DT(&PRD_END_DT) ) 
AND ( CAS_OFC_CD EQ &OFFCE.(OR(FIND CAS_OFC_CD,CAS_OFC_CD IN tcsc)).OFFCE. ) 
AND ( CAS_WRKR_USR_ID EQ &CSWRKUID.(OR(FIND CAS_WRKR_USR_ID,TCSC.TCSC.CAS_WRKR_USR_ID IN tcsc)).CSWRKUID. );

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Jeanna
The FOC_NONE will cause WebFocus to ignore or not create anything for the line that it is in.

In othere words your where condition will be interpreted as

AND ( RPT_PER_END_DT EQ DT(&PRD_END_DT) );

Which should give you all offices all workers.

Exactly what is it returning when you try to execute it?

Duane

WebFOCUS 8.0.7
DS 8.0.7 AS 8.0.7
Windows
Output: Excel, HTML, PDF, AHTML,Mobile
In Focus 1982

Posts: 83 | Location: Princeton NJ | Registered: October 26, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your answers! I was completely over thinking it!! All I needed to do was delete

AND ( CAS_OFC_CD EQ &OFFCE.(AND(FIND CAS_OFC_CD,CAS_OFC_CD IN tcsc)).OFFCE. )
AND ( CAS_WRKR_USR_ID EQ &CSWRKUID.(AND(FIND CAS_WRKR_USR_ID,TCSC.TCSC.CAS_WRKR_USR_ID IN tcsc)).CSWRKUID. );

And now it works just fine!

OMES|ISD|RDW
405-522-1213

WebFOCUS 7.7.05
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Better yet ... I had to break my where statements into seperate wheres instead of one long one.

Now I can either choose a worker/office or choose nothing and my report runs correctly.

OMES|ISD|RDW
405-522-1213

WebFOCUS 7.7.05
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
This is because WebFOCUS describe layer will remove entire non-dialogue manager line that contains FOC_NONE. So when you expect FOC_NONE as filter value, complex WHERE should not in single line. You have to break it to individual WHERE for each condition.

-Ram

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post