in 525, two XFOCUS databases can't be USE'd together.
XFILE2 AS XFILE1
only produces the data from XFILE1, not from XFILE2.
I'm staggered! having just come back from Summit thinking Xfocus was the way to go...
Has anyone used them successfully?
Not surprised. Xfocus is a new data source in 7.1 and although undocumented in 5.2 parts of it were already there as it�s based on the Fusion database implementation which is what xFocus is a new enhanced version of.
What you might try though is specifying the full path names in the use
C:\.directory\subdirectory\ xfile1.foc AS xfile1
C:\.directory\subdirectory\ xfile2.foc AS xfile1
It does actually say in the 7.1 NF documentation
�An attempt to access a SUFFIX=XFOCUS data source with an earlier release causes
an error because SUFFIX=XFOCUS is not recognized as a valid value.�
thanks jg...we figured out that it works fine in 526 and up. whew. i just gotta bite the bullet and upgrade...the message i got over and over at summit.
|Powered by Social Strata|