Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] HTML page become blank in IE

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] HTML page become blank in IE
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
HI,

I have an HTML page created in Appstudio 8202 ,
this page becomes blank in I.E11 and shows below warning
"Codepage iso-8859-1 from (HTTP header) overrides conflicting codepage windows-1252 from (META tag)"

Please advise how to fix this issue .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF Production :- WF:8.0.0.4, 8.1.05 App-studio/Developer Studio(8.1.x) ,
8.2.0.1M , 8.2.0.2 (App-Studio8.2.x),
InfoAssist/+, InfoDiscovery
Output format:-AHTML, PDF, Excel, HTML
Platform:-Windows 7, 8,10

Posts: 186 | Location: Infobuild India | Registered: August 28, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Chaudhary

Not sure if this will help but double check the code page setting in the WebFOCUS client admin console. Look at the NLS settings by default it is set to 1252. Also the reporting server under the workspace tab there is also a NLS setting which by default is 1252 as well. Sounds like your html is 8859 and the default is 1252 which may be the issue.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Chuck,

My HTML charset is "windows-1252".

Posts: 186 | Location: Infobuild India | Registered: August 28, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Chaudhary

I found this link on Google https://social.msdn.microsoft....-utf8-from?forum=web .

I know WF makes it difficult to see the source of your html but the header might be what is causing this issue.

You may need to open a case with techsupport to get to the bottom of it.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thnaks Chuck,

Chuck I have an application migrated from WF8104 and those HTML pages has below meta tags

<META id=RLT_STANDARDS_MODE_META http-equiv=X-UA-Compatible content=IE=9>
<META name=mycharsetmeta http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
<META name=Generation content="Created in release 8104, Generation 3">  

these HTML pages don't have any white screen issue with IE11 , iPad safaris but the page(HTML responsive)
I built in 8202 app studio shows blank page in safari and I.E11. If I will reload the page it works and for next refresh it shows again white screen ,and this html page works fine in Edge
Below are the meta tags for new generated HTML page ( causing issue in I. E 11)

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge">
<meta name="mycharsetmeta" http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=WINDOWS-1252">
<meta name="Generation" content="Created in release 8202, Generation 4">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">

Please advise if any workaround will help me in this case, else I will reach-out to tech support.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chaudhary,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
X-UA-Compatible

Possibly, IE's compatibility mode is messing things up. Changing the mode from IE=9 to IE=Edge may very well help.

Also, check that IE isn't automatically using Compatibility mode on Intranet sites - that's a checkbox in the Compatibility Settings that is on by default (preposterous!).

Why Safari on the iPad renders a blank page I don't know, and I don't think it includes developer tools to debug that. Does it behave the same on a Mac? That would allow debugging. Checking for console errors in Chrome or Firefox may also be enlightening.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Wep,

I enabled developer tool and found that at run time an internal CSS is applied to HTML page that is causing this issue to make page blank or visible

When Page is Blank,
Image Link 1

Page shows data ,
Image Link 2

Can some one explain on which condition this css works.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Chaudhary

I think you should open a case with techsupport to get an answer to this...

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That looks like some javascript fails to remove the display: hidden property. Usually that's because of a javascript error.

Check the javascript console for errors, or alternatively, undisable (just following MS's reverse logic) the options that display javascript errors in IE's advanced settings.

It won't fix the problem, but you'll at least know the cause - and that may help you fix it.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Solution === "Use Chrome".

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
U must check:

- NLS of Server of WF
- NLS of Console of WF
- On server.xml of TOMCAT check on Connectors URIEncoding and useBodyEncodingForURI
- On TOMCAT config, tab of Java / Java Options, check if must be: -DFile.Encoding=(ur encoding).

Good luck sir.

WebFOCUS 8

Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolGuy:
Solution === "Use Chrome".

Thanks CoolGuy , this works Wink

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wep5622:
That looks like some javascript fails to remove the display: hidden property. Usually that's because of a javascript error.

Check the javascript console for errors, or alternatively, undisable (just following MS's reverse logic) the options that display javascript errors in IE's advanced settings.

It won't fix the problem, but you'll at least know the cause - and that may help you fix it.

Wep ,I checked but did not get any java script error

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I guess modern IBI javascript is not copmatible with IE9, which your HTML specifies as the latest compatible version. Is IE 9 still officially supported by IBI? (Sorry, too busy to check)