Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Bug Infoassist? Metadata FIlter is true as expression

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Bug Infoassist? Metadata FIlter is true as expression
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,

I got a Filter (FilterMeta) in my Metadata.
This FIlter has any condition, it's not important wich one it is. The Filter works.

If I create a fex with Infoassist and I double click my FilterMeta and convert my WHERE Filter into a Expression everything works.

BUT: If I first open the Filter Dialog and then create a Synonym and write FilterMeta, then I get FOC003, FOC009 and it doesn't work. Eventhough the code in the Texteditor would be the same:

WHERE FILTERMETA;

Does someone know ehy?

Is it a bug or why does InfoAssist not recongnize the FilterMeta when I write it down??

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What version of WebFOCUS 8 are you using? You may want to update your signature to reflect that.

Also, I'm not clear what steps cause the FOC003. Can you describe the steps in more details?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Update:

It works with a more easy example then the one I where I recognized the Problem.

The Metadata in the case where it doesn't work is really complex.

FILENAME=ARS_REPORTING, MFD_PROFILE=metadata_domain/wertpapiere_ars/mfd_profile/mfd_asset, $
SEGMENT=ASSET_STAMMDATEN, CRFILE=METADATA_DOMAIN/WERTPAPIERE_ARS/MODULE/MODUL_STAMMDATEN, CRINCLUDE=ALL,
DESCRIPTION='ASSET_STAMMDATEN', $
FIELDNAME=F_DEUTSCHE_VERTRIEBSZULASSUNG, ALIAS=F_DEUTSCHE_VERTRIEBSZULASSUNG, BELONGS_TO_SEGMENT=FILTER_DEUTSCHE_VZ, $
FOLDER=STAMMDATEN, PARENT=ASSET,
DESCRIPTION='Stammdaten', $

is there maybe the Problem with the parent? it's not the same as it it in filename, there it's asset_stammdaten

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I'm using webfocus 8105

Which step is not clear?

I think the Problem is in the metadata..

when I create a metadata Filter, then The Metadata Code Looks like that:

SEGMENT=ASSET_STAMMDATEN, CRFILE=METADATA_DOMAIN/WERTPAPIERE_ARS/MODULE/MODUL_STAMMDATEN, CRINCLUDE=ALL,
DESCRIPTION='ASSET_STAMMDATEN', $
FILTER FILTER1=FILTER_DEUTSCHE_VZ.ASSETID IS-NOT MISSING;
TITLE='FILTER-JENNY', $

in the other metadata filter, where it's not working, there is not FILTER written..

But how xan the FIELDNAME=F_DEUTSCHE_VERTRIEBSZULASSUNG can be a FILTER???

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Jenni

I wonder if it's as simple as using Mixed case in your master and upper case your your fex?

For example, I've got a little master like this:
FILENAME=MAINDATA_1, SUFFIX=FIX ,
DATASET=tobytest/maindata.ftm (LRECL 212 RECFM F, IOTYPE=BINARY, BV_NAMESPACE=OFF, $
SEGMENT=MAINDATA, SEGTYPE=S0, $
FIELDNAME=AgencyId, ALIAS=E01, USAGE=I11, ACTUAL=I04,
MISSING=ON, $
FIELDNAME=AgencyName, ALIAS=E02, USAGE=A200V, ACTUAL=A202V,
MISSING=ON, $
FIELDNAME=E03, ALIAS=E03, USAGE=I11, ACTUAL=I04,
MISSING=ON, $
FILTER MyFilter=E03 EQ 11369; ,$

And a short fex like:
TABLE FILE MAINDATA_1
PRINT *
WHERE MyFilter ;
END

Which returns my single row of information (this file only has 3 rows in it).

But if I use UPPER case:
TABLE FILE MAINDATA_1
PRINT *
WHERE MYFILTER ;
END

I get:
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 6 IN PROCEDURE __WCFEX FOCEXEC *
(FOC258) FIELDNAME OR COMPUTATIONAL ELEMENT NOT RECOGNIZED: MYFILTER
(FOC009) Request failed validation, not executed.

Look familiar? I noticed how you were referring to the filter in mixed case but then using UPPER case in your fex after the WHERE. The FOC0003 is telling you that the word after the WHERE does not appear to be a valid fieldname.

This makes me think WF just doesn't know what FILTERMETA is. One reason that might be in play is if the Filter in the master was created with Mixed Case.

Hope that helps.

And it does always help to say your release of webfocus where you're having problems. Being former IBI tech support, I can tell you that there are lots of small things that could come into play. So when you ask a question, it never hurts to mention the version. Some of us have multiple versions available to try out your problem on and the first step is always to recreate your issue. To do that effectively, we need to know your version (and sometimes even your gen number).

So please don't take offense to people asking for your version - everybody just wants to help and give good advice.

Thanks
Toby Mills, CISSP

Expert
posted Hide Post
That looks to be the case, pun intended, Toby.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post