Focal Point
[CLOSED] Populating Combobox values in HTML file

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7427080036

April 10, 2013, 09:19 AM
Hemant
[CLOSED] Populating Combobox values in HTML file
Hello All,
I am new to WebFocus. I have WebFocus 7.6 installed on my machine. When I tried to create a HTML file with a dropdown list, I have passed dynmaic values to dropdown still the dropdown values are not getting populated. No error messages were displayed when report ran.
How can I have these values in my dropdown.

Hemant

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
April 10, 2013, 02:26 PM
susannah
i've asked Kerry to try to find where on the website the Summit presentations are posted. you'll want to read the basic presentation on Chaining from Summit 2009.
As soon as she gets back to me, i'll tell you where it is.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
April 11, 2013, 12:49 AM
Hemant
quote:
Chaining from Summit 2009

Thanks, awaiting for your reply.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
April 11, 2013, 07:53 AM
Hemant
Hello,
I am able to create cascading dropdown list in Stored procedure i.e in .fex file, when you right click on the column, you have option "Table Of Content->?Heading", which create a dropdown list in heading section of the report.

This option filters the selected record, but when I tried to select a child dropdown,the report only highlight the record by grey color, the rest of records still appears on the report. Here I wanted to hide records provided the selection.

-Hemant

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
April 11, 2013, 11:06 AM
Kerry
Hi Susannah,

The Summit sessions are available until about the time of the following Summit. The 2012 sessions are available to those who attended the conference but not prior.

Hemant, we have recent webinar recordings that are available for download:
* Beginners: Basics for Building an HTML Composer Page
* The Inside Look at Chaining in HTML Composer
* HTML Composer Best Practices
* Inside Look at the Single Source and Multi Source Tree Controls

You can also find related info in the documentation: http://ecl.informationbuilders.com/wf/index.jsp

As always, you can contact Customer Support Services and open a case for assistance. You may call 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
April 11, 2013, 11:13 AM
susannah
Ker, where are the links to 2012 summit, then?

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
April 11, 2013, 11:37 AM
Kerry
Hi Susannah,

If you login into Event Manager (where you would go to register for Summit 2013) you will be able to access the Summit 2012 Presentation Material if you attended.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
April 11, 2013, 11:54 AM
Doug
Advanced Chaining Techniques: Supercharge Your Parameterized HTML Launch Pages and search for "Advanced Chaining"
By Dan Pinault, Power Systems Research
Do you need to build complex, parameter-driven launch pages? Do response-time issues prevent you from using controls with hundreds of values? Learn how to address these problems, and more, by taking advantage of the advanced chaining interface available in WebFOCUS 7.6.9. You'll be able to create on-the-fly lists, which leverage metadata information to populate list controls, and use guide words to speed interaction in controls with many values. No JavaScript required!

I hope this helps...
April 15, 2013, 06:42 AM
Hemant
Guys,
I understand how to perform chaining/cascading in HTML file, however the data is not yet bound to the dropdown list when I ran the report. I have used WebFocus default 'CAR' datasource for this report.
The report is not rendering any data in dropdown list when I ran the report.
Could you please suggest how to bind data to the dropdown control? I just wanted to achieve this by using the UI functionality and not by coding.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hemant,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs