Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Populating Combobox values in HTML file

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Populating Combobox values in HTML file
 Login/Join

posted
Hello All,
I am new to WebFocus. I have WebFocus 7.6 installed on my machine. When I tried to create a HTML file with a dropdown list, I have passed dynmaic values to dropdown still the dropdown values are not getting populated. No error messages were displayed when report ran.
How can I have these values in my dropdown.

Hemant

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
i've asked Kerry to try to find where on the website the Summit presentations are posted. you'll want to read the basic presentation on Chaining from Summit 2009.
As soon as she gets back to me, i'll tell you where it is.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chaining from Summit 2009

Thanks, awaiting for your reply.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Hello,
I am able to create cascading dropdown list in Stored procedure i.e in .fex file, when you right click on the column, you have option "Table Of Content->?Heading", which create a dropdown list in heading section of the report.

This option filters the selected record, but when I tried to select a child dropdown,the report only highlight the record by grey color, the rest of records still appears on the report. Here I wanted to hide records provided the selection.

-Hemant

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Susannah,

The Summit sessions are available until about the time of the following Summit. The 2012 sessions are available to those who attended the conference but not prior.

Hemant, we have recent webinar recordings that are available for download:
* Beginners: Basics for Building an HTML Composer Page
* The Inside Look at Chaining in HTML Composer
* HTML Composer Best Practices
* Inside Look at the Single Source and Multi Source Tree Controls

You can also find related info in the documentation: http://ecl.informationbuilders.com/wf/index.jsp

As always, you can contact Customer Support Services and open a case for assistance. You may call 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Ker, where are the links to 2012 summit, then?

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Susannah,

If you login into Event Manager (where you would go to register for Summit 2013) you will be able to access the Summit 2012 Presentation Material if you attended.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Advanced Chaining Techniques: Supercharge Your Parameterized HTML Launch Pages and search for "Advanced Chaining"
By Dan Pinault, Power Systems Research
Do you need to build complex, parameter-driven launch pages? Do response-time issues prevent you from using controls with hundreds of values? Learn how to address these problems, and more, by taking advantage of the advanced chaining interface available in WebFOCUS 7.6.9. You'll be able to create on-the-fly lists, which leverage metadata information to populate list controls, and use guide words to speed interaction in controls with many values. No JavaScript required!

I hope this helps...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys,
I understand how to perform chaining/cascading in HTML file, however the data is not yet bound to the dropdown list when I ran the report. I have used WebFocus default 'CAR' datasource for this report.
The report is not rendering any data in dropdown list when I ran the report.
Could you please suggest how to bind data to the dropdown control? I just wanted to achieve this by using the UI functionality and not by coding.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hemant,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs