Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Map layer refresh issue for ESRI map.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Map layer refresh issue for ESRI map.
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,

I wrote the below code.
I am trying to get answer to the issue i have and i replicated the scenario with CAR file as shown below.
I am generating a report with READMIT and RECORDLIMIT of 50 in XML output format.
I want to check for no of lines and if &LINES GT 0 THEN generate an XML output report(with 5 as limit) ELSE generate an XML output report with 10 as limit.

Here is the code.

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES 
BY CAR
BY COUNTRY
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 50
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 50
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/warm.sty,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

-IF &LINES GT 0 THEN GOTO :LBL1
-:LBL2
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 5
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 5
END

-:LBL1
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 10
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 10
END

This is what i want in ideal case,but &LINES wont work with XML format i think(tested and not working for me).

The XML output goes to an ESRI map and for some reason map is not refreshing when it has to branch.
So map layer always gets stuck on the initial XML output.

If HOLD first,i can use &LINES ,but the map layer gets stuck with whatever the xml it generates first.

I have posted similar post,but to make it more clear i post this question again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF8206,Windows 7,8,10
HTM,PDF,EXCEL

Posts: 229 | Location: MI | Registered: September 13, 2017Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Better open a case on this one...

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What you need to do is to test the result of your first TABLE FILE first, then branch to proper step.
But except if your input file (CAR) is empty, since you don't have any WHERE clause in the first TABLE FILE, you will always have &LINES GT 0
Is it possible that you had simplified too much your need in the sample code ?

The problem is that if you try to test &LINES of a PCHOLD FORMAT XML output, you will already have that XML returned. So, none of the labeled steps result will be returned.
See below sample
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL
WHERE COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND';
END
-RUN

-IF &LINES GT 0 THEN GOTO :LBL1;
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 5
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 5
END
-RUN
-GOTO XEND

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 10
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 10
END
-RUN
-XEND

Your option to be able to branch to step is the below
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL
-*WHERE COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND';
WHERE COUNTRY EQ 'W GERMANY';
ON TABLE HOLD
END
-RUN

-IF &LINES GT 4 THEN GOTO :LBL1;
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 5
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 5
END
-RUN
-GOTO XEND

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 10
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 10
END
-RUN
-XEND

Or
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES 
BY CAR
BY COUNTRY
-*WHERE COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND';
WHERE COUNTRY EQ 'W GERMANY';
ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT XML
END
-RUN

-IF &LINES GT 4 THEN GOTO :LBL1;
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 5
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 5
END
-RUN
-GOTO XEND

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 10
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 10
END
-RUN
-XEND

Note that you are missing a semicolon at end of the IF statement and GOTO XEND after LBL2

But I don't understand why you need to test an XML file at first step or generates an XML file that you don't care

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post