Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] How to prevent HTML page from expanding

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] How to prevent HTML page from expanding
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hello all,

I created an HTML file last year and a user requested a few easy changes. However, when I update the HTML file to include 1 new parameter and hit the RUN button, the HTML page becomes extremely long. The form is only 900px in height, but the scroll button is super tiny and it seems you can endlessly scroll to the rest of the empty page.

I tried to scroll into the empty space to see if a button was added somewhere, but there isn't anything else in the empty space below the form.

How can I fix this so the scroll bar is limited to the height of the actual form box and prevent it from happening when changes are made in the future?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: a415,

Windows 7
Excel/HTML/AHTML/PDF

Posts: 34 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: July 25, 2011Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi A415

There is probably some control hidden somewhere or a control with a large position value. You can open a case in tech support so that we can look at the code.

WebFOCUS 8103, Windows, App Studio

Posts: 80 | Location: NYC | Registered: November 13, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
If you used HTML Composer, try the rarely used Thumbnails tab. Right-click within the Thumbnails tab and increase the size of the thumbnail. Scroll to the bottom - you may see a control, or the remnants of a control - perhaps an empty container, or something you thought you deleted. HTML Composer has an annoying habit of sometimes putting an object at some crazy distance away from position 0,0.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hello,

Thank you for your help! The suggestion by Francis worked!

Interestingly, when I scrolled down on the Design section of the HTML Composer, there was nothing there. But, when I went to the Thumbtails tab and scrolled all the way down with the tiny scroll bars, there was an extremely long schedule button (which even expanded the width so that scroll bar that moves L to R was also tiny)! I was able to delete it and now the thumbnail view shows an HTML page that's as long as the height of the form.

Thanks again!

Windows 7
Excel/HTML/AHTML/PDF

Posts: 34 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: July 25, 2011Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
For some reason I get this problem all the time when copy/paste an object. I want to keep the format of the object, but when I click and paste it goes ALL the way down in some random location for some reason.

WF 7703 Outputs all
Windows 7 32
DB2 CLI

Expert
posted Hide Post
How dare you copy-paste in HTML Composer?! Smiler

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi John C.

Francis is right you are better off not not copying controls. Francis is the HTML Guru...

WebFOCUS 8103, Windows, App Studio

Posts: 80 | Location: NYC | Registered: November 13, 2008Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BarryS:
Hi John C.

Francis is right you are better off not not copying controls. Francis is the HTML Guru...

Yes I quickly learned it was a no no Smiler

WF 7703 Outputs all
Windows 7 32
DB2 CLI