Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     <SOLVED>Edit of DevStudio HTML page in App Studio - HTML page no longer works

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
<SOLVED>Edit of DevStudio HTML page in App Studio - HTML page no longer works
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have an HTML page that was created in Dev Studio and my end-users have successfully ran the report via reporting dashboard/portal for several years. I had a request to change a parameter on the HTML parameter page to allow for an "All" selection. Using App Studio I edited successfully the HTML page and saved it. I ran the HTML page successfully from App Studio without issues. My end-user though is not able to run the HTML page and therefore report. My end-user instead gets a message stating "JavaScript alias /ibi_html/ is not valid. Clicking "OK" on the message allows the html page to load but my control boxes which are dynamically populated will not load with the parameter selections.

I as a developer with access to App Studio am able to run the HTML page successfully and create output via the content tree. I can also access and successfully run the HTML page if I log into the WF portal welcome screen and run the portal and then the HTML driven report. If I log in as a test user that takes me directly to the portal I get the error described above.

Is there something that I have to do when I edit a Dev Studio HTML page in App Studio that I am missing? It seems like there is something blocking it from full functionality....

I am on WF 8.1.05

Thanks for the help!

Malinda

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Malinda,

WebFOCUS 7.6.11
Windows
all output (Excel, HTML, PDF)

Expert
posted Hide Post
The alias /ibi_html has changed to /ibi_apps/ibi_html.

You could create an alias (ibi_html) in the web server to point to the ibi_html folder.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Just noticed that you have [SOLVED], what did you do to fix it ?

It may help others

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Waz,

I think my issue was that I had an html that was created using DS, modified using AS and then when I tried to move the html using AS from my TST server to PRD server I just did a drag/drop (copy/paste) from TST to PRD. This didn't get the pointers fixed. So, I ended up rebuilding the HTML and then used the Change Management feature to migrate the HTML from TST to PRD. CM fixes the pointer for you but since I didn't originally do that, it broke.

Malinda

WebFOCUS 7.6.11
Windows
all output (Excel, HTML, PDF)