Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Report Developer / App Studio

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Report Developer / App Studio
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Is there any difference between Report Developer and App Studio for Version 8.2?

Enjoy the 3 day weekend, Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: S.J. Kadish,

Sandy Kadish
Dev: 8.2.04- PostgreSQL
Test: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL
Prod: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL

Posts: 238 | Location: Atlanta, GA/Rehovot, Israel | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Do you mean Dev Studio? There is no Dev Studio for 8.2 Frowner

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Since the beginning....of my time w/IBI products... (Jan 2015), they've only ever had Dev Studio (up to v. 8.1.05[M]) & then AppStudio since then. Are you talking about one of the many internal tools built into AppStudio or even DevStudio? I think in DevStudio it was called the Report Painter or something like that. Not sure what they're calling the GUI-based report builder in AppStudio since I only ever used it a few times back when I began using AppStudio. Moved to code thereafter, never to look back.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolGuy,

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
There is a licensing issue here. App Studio has the full version but there is also a version of App Studio called Report Developer. I have put an e-mail into the product manager to see what the differences are and will post them once I have them.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Chuck.

Everybody else:
I have App Studio 8.1.05 (might be off on the decimal) on my work machine. We are supposed to be loading Report Developer.

We are also creating metadata and business views as well as some templates for InfoAssist+

Thanks to everybody and have a great day,
Sandy

Posts: 238 | Location: Atlanta, GA/Rehovot, Israel | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I found this information

WebFOCUS App Studio Report Developer
■■ Windows-based toolset for power users or developers. WebFOCUS App Studio Report Developer is desktop software utilizing
the common design paradigm seen in modern Windows products – the ribbon bar, panels, and development canvases
■■ Ability to run, create, and save reports in a variety of formats
■■ Features include:
■■ Report Canvas – drag and drop ad hoc reporting canvas
■■ Financial Modeling Language (FML) Painter – Excel-like canvas for building reports that require spreadsheet capabilities
like inter-row calculations and cell-level calculations
■■ Ability to create JOINs, Defines, and to edit WebFOCUS Scripting language
■■ Ability to autosize objects based on screen size. Objects on a page will automatically resize based on the available screen
size. Create one page and it will resize automatically for desktop, tablet, and phone
■■ Mobile design – generate a mobile design for an HTML page that is automatically geared for a mobile device display
■■ jQuery Integration – HTML pages can make use of common functionality found in jQuery JavaScript libraries
■■ Smart context for Report Creation – fields are added to reports with knowledge of how they are defined (i.e., dimensions are
added as sort down fields and measures are added as aggregate fields automatically)
■■ Wizards – guided dialogs provide users with preliminary steps in the creation of their content, such as selection of the data
source or StyleSheet selection
■■ Includes WebFOCUS Designer (see description in App Studio above)
■■ RStat statistical library and front-end interface for statistical model development (requires WebFOCUS RStat Compiled
Deployment)
■■ Includes ability to create and manage WebFOCUS Reporting Server resources such as metadata, procedures, and other files
■■ Requires WebFOCUS Reporting Server when developing or deploying Web-based reports
NOTE: Does not provide for Domain creation or security administration. The WebFOCUS App Studio provides this functionality.
NOTE: Does not include local server on desktop. The WebFOCUS App Studio provides a local server. The WebFOCUS App
Studio Report Developer must connect to a remote WebFOCUS Reporting Server.

The biggest thing I don't see in here is Maintain development

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post