Focal Point
[SOLVED]403 - Forbidden: Access is denied error displayed when I try to log into BIP

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7477051386

July 19, 2016, 03:01 PM
Leela Krishna
[SOLVED]403 - Forbidden: Access is denied error displayed when I try to log into BIP
Hi All,

We recently tried to upgrade from Webfocus 8007 to 8105,but due to some issues we could not do it. Hence we restored everything(VM) back to how it was. After that we could not log in to Dev studio, and when we try to log in to BIP it is showing 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. We are able to log into the reporting server. I have opened a case with IBI, there are no errors in the tomcat log files or configuration files. Please let me know where should I start looking?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
July 21, 2016, 03:04 AM
StuBouyer
This is the error you get when the user that has logged into the browser is not allowed (or hasn't been set up to) access WebFOCUS.

We regularly see this in our single-sign on environment when users haven't been put into an active directory group that is mapped to a WebFOCUS Group.

What Authentication model are you using?

Have a look at Chapter 7. Authentication in the WebFOCUS Security and Administration manual.

At a minimum for debugging I would start by checking the settings for tomcatAuthentication if you are trying to use Pre-Authentication with Windows Authentication.

Alternatively manual edit the securitysettings.xml file (drive:/ibi/WebFOCUS80/config/) back to the default settings to allow form login again that way you should be prompted for a login rather than getting 403 errors.

Regards

Stuart

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)
July 22, 2016, 02:26 PM
Leela Krishna
Hi Stuart,

Thanks for taking time to help me with the issue, There is a file called wfscom.xml, it got corrupted, that is one of the reason for this error. With the help of IBI customer representative I have resolved the issue. I had an opportunity to view this issue in a different view with your suggestion. Thank you.

Regards
Krishna

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs