Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Convert P5 to A5
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

[SOLVED] Convert P5 to A5
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Is there a way to convert a P5 field to an A5V? I want to define a larger variable alpha field with the P5 concatenated with a A50V field.

I tried PCKOUT, but I get weird characters instead of the number.

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DWaybright,

WebFOCUS 8.2.03
AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 127 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Have you tried FPRINT ?

As from a DEFINE
New_Fld /A10V = FPRINT(Old_Fld, 'P5', 'A10V');

Remember that you will need more space in the alpha field than in the pack field.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.0.1M gen 240, Dev 8.2.04 gen 48, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2165 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1660 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The PTOA gave me what I needed.
BabakNYC -- thanks for the link. I have an old Keysheet book for WebFOCUS 7 and couldn't find what I was looking for in that. I'll look on the infocenter format conversion page first from now on!

WebFOCUS 8.2.03
AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 127 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post