Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] EDASERVE agent crash issue

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] EDASERVE agent crash issue
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Hai all..

My report that is ran from a dashboard has few selection criteria. It works fine in DEV environment and so its moved to QA and then PROD.

Now, there is a problem with one selection criteria in QA and PROD which gives the error message "Unknown problem. Agent on EDASERVE may have crashed". But for the same selection criteria there is no problem in DEV. Is this because of any server settings or problem with code?

I found a point of code where the crash is occurring. But I don't understand why its fine in DEV and getting crashed in QA and PROD.
Please post your experiences regarding this.

Thanks all..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All

Posts: 484 | Registered: February 03, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Are all three servers at exactly the same version?

Please post the code that you think is crashing the server, particularly the selection criteria.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
yes..they are all same version. this is the code

-SET &WHERE_GA = 'WHERE G_A EQ &ACC';

table file abc
print *
where x EQ y;
&WHERE_GA
end

Its getting crashed at the where condition just ablove the end statement. &ACC countains a built string. Due to some conditions it needs to be assigned there on the top using SET.

Let me know if you need more info..

Thanks..

Expert
posted Hide Post
What is the value of &ACC when it crashes?

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Enigma,

I'd change:

where x EQ y;
&WHERE_GA

to:

-SET &WHERE_GA = 'WHERE G_A EQ ''' | &ACC | ''';
where x EQ y
&WHERE_GA ;

Don't know why it work in Dev and QA, perhaps testing wasn't through enough. Customers are good at breaking supposedly good code Smiler

Regards,
Dave

http://www.daveayers.com

WebFocus/Maintain 7.6.4-8
on Win2000 and 2003 Server

Posts: 165 | Location: Detroit Metro | Registered: September 17, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Dave, it did not work actually. that code works in DEV but not in QA.

Francis, ACC keeps adding a string from list box. listbox has a space (value added by deault by composer) by default and it causes a problem when it's selected along with 4 strings from listbox.

my built string looks like 'a' OR 'b' OR 'c' OR 'd' OR 'e' OR ''

This is from DEV. But same returns crashed agent in QA. It works till 'a' OR 'b' OR 'c' OR 'd' OR '' . When 'e' gets added it crashes.
I have no clue why its fine in dev and crashing in QA.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ok, my suggested -SET code is wrong for your 'built string', but you should get rid of the semi-colon between your two WHERE's.

Regards,
Dave

http://www.daveayers.com

WebFocus/Maintain 7.6.4-8
on Win2000 and 2003 Server

Posts: 165 | Location: Detroit Metro | Registered: September 17, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
you should get rid of the semi-colon between your two WHERE's

I wonder why...

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
This might be the culprit, though I cannot explain why it works in Dev and not in the other environments:
I don't think &ACC will successfully get replaced in that statement.

Try changing the -SET command:
-SET &WHERE_GA = 'WHERE G_A EQ ' | &ACC;

E.G.:

-SET &ACC = '''ENGLAND'' OR ''FRANCE'' OR ''ITALY'' OR ''CANADA'' OR ''JAPAN'' OR ''S KOREA''';
-SET &WHERE_GA = 'WHERE COUNTRY EQ ' | &ACC;

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
BY COUNTRY
&WHERE_GA
END

If I code -SET &WHERE_GA = 'WHERE COUNTRY EQ &ACC;
the fex line looks like
WHERE COUNTRY EQ &ACC;
and I get an error:

ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 11 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC *
(FOC258) FIELDNAME OR COMPUTATIONAL ELEMENT NOT RECOGNIZED: &ACC

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Would this also be safer to code this as an IN statement?
-SET &ACC = '''ENGLAND'',''FRANCE'',''ITALY'',''CANADA'',''JAPAN'',''S KOREA''';
-SET &WHERE_GA = 'WHERE COUNTRY IN (' | &ACC | ')';

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Firstly thanks all for your suggestions..

Waz, some how I came up with same thing you showed. its working..