Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Report Caster scheduling

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Report Caster scheduling
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Can we schedule a report to run last Monday of the Monday and first Monday of the month only.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Navaneeth, it would be really helpful if we knew what release you were running. Please update your profile signature with your products, releases, and platform.

In release 7.6.x, there are additional scheduling options. You can download any of the Report Caster manuals and I'm pretty sure they would let you know what you can and cannot do in the scheduling area particular for your release.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I assume you are asking about Report Caster. I am on 7.13 and to do schedules like this I run the job daily and use a pre-processing fex to check for the conditions. If the conditions are not right, set &&KILL_RPC to 'Y' and the job will die. The thing to keep in mind is that if the job has multiple task, the pre-processing fex has to be linked with each task if you want all the tasks to not run. The following is sample where I want the job the run on the 3rd business day of the month.
-* File pp712.fex
-* Pre-Processing for lnch712.
-* Run job if the current date is the 3rd business day of the month
-SET &RUNDT=DATECVT(DATEADD(DATEMOV(DATECVT(&YYMD,'I8YYMD','YYMD'),'BOM'),'BD',2),'YYMD','I8YYMD');
-IF &RUNDT EQ &YYMD THEN GOTO FINISHED;
-SET &&KILL_RPC=Y;
-FINISHED

As Ginny says, there more options with newer releases.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
We do something similar in 5.3. You would need to run the program on days 1-7 and check DOWK for MON and on days 21-31 and check the month number and the DOWK. If you have many jobs that need this you should put it in an INCLUDE module.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Calculate the 1st and last Monday of each month in a pre-process fex.
If either condition is not met then do a
-set &&kill_rpc='y' and exit out else execute.
or....
Having 2 schedules one to run only on first monday of month else exit out, and then have different schedule to only run on the last Monday of the month but my opinion way too inefficient doing it the latter way..

Ira AIX 533 wf 537

aix-533,websphere 5.1.1,apache-2.0,
wf 538(d), 537 (p),
==============
7.6.11 (t) aix 5312
websphere 6.1.19
apache 2.0

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Guys,

Sorry I could not understand your answers, it way over my head.

I will explain it again.

As per my requirement
1. I need to run the reports only on Business weekend so that it fetches me data only for that weekend. Now if I schedule a report in Report Caster , I guess it schedules only by Fiscal Calendar ( Normal Calendar) .

So how do I overcome this issue.

I have similar case where a particular report should only run on Business month end date and others on a business Year End date only.

“ Hi Gelona

In your reply you had sent me the following

-* File pp712.fex
-* Pre-Processing for lnch712.
-* Run job if the current date is the 3rd business day of the month
-SET &RUNDT=DATECVT(DATEADD(DATEMOV(DATECVT(&YYMD,'I8YYMD','YYMD'),'BOM'),'BD',2),'YYMD','I8YYMD');
-IF &RUNDT EQ &YYMD THEN GOTO FINISHED;
-SET &&KILL_RPC=Y;
-FINISHED

Can you explain more on this , as it closely matches one of my requirement.

And what does the following cmd do “- set &&kill_rpc='y' ”

Thanking you in advance

Regards
Navaneeth

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Sorr i forget to put in my Webfocus version , it is 7.1.4