Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Wrong Segment Length Detected: SEG01 (FOC32505)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Wrong Segment Length Detected: SEG01 (FOC32505)
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I created a hold file
ON TABLE HOLD AS TESTHOLDLRSHIPPER FORMAT FOCUS that has a shippercode and a defined file of shipperName(shipperCode)

I'm trying to use this hold file in a list box on an html page. I can get it to work when I'm in my DataServer/Applications folder. BUT when I move the html file to the Content folder I get the "Wrong Segment Length Detected" Error.

I've tired renaming the hold file, renaming the column, removing my define and it still is not working.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KellyT,

Prod: WebFOCUS 8.2.0.4
Outputs: HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 2005

Posts: 121 | Registered: November 17, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Can you paste your fex code and much more info as you can.
We're slightly in the dark actually...
So many things is possible...

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
KellyT,
to populate a list box on a HTML page, it is much easier to call a fex using XML as output then using a FOCUS file. The fex will always incorporate changes, your created FOCUS file will have to be recreated every time there is a change.

Example:

TABLE FILE STVCAMP
SUM
   COMPUTE STVCAMP_CODE_DESC/A30 =  STVCAMP_CODE || ' - ' | STVCAMP_DESC;
  BY STVCAMP_CODE
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
END
-RUN

The user will see Code - Description and the code will be sent back to the fex that runs the program once you bind the listbox to an & variable...

hth

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Tom,
How do I fill my list box with the data from the XML file? This is for an Ad Hoc report. I want the shipper name list box prefilled with the names so the user can then select a shipper name to run the ad hoc report.

Here is the code from my fex file before I changed to XML:

APP HOLD loadreports
TABLE FILE LOADREPORT
BY  LOWEST LOADREPORT.LOADREPORT.SHIPPERCODE
BY TOTAL LOWEST COMPUTE testkelly/A95 = LOADREPORT.LOADREPORT.NAME | LOADREPORT.LOADREPORT.SHIPPERCODE;
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE HOLD AS TESTHOLDLRSHIPPER FORMAT FOCUS
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     INCLUDE = endeflt,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

When I'm in App Studio I right click on the TESTHOLDLRSHIPPER.mas file and select SAMPLE DATA.
I get this error message in return: (FOC32505) WRONG SEGMENT LENGTH DETECTED: SEG01

This is the same message I'm getting as when I try populating the list box on the html page.
Thanks

In Focus since 2005

Expert
posted Hide Post
Looks like this is created in the GUI.
We dynamically populate with fex's all our HTML forms; we select Dynamic, looks like you're selecting Static for a Masterfile
Try this:

APP HOLD loadreports
TABLE FILE LOADREPORT
SUM
COMPUTE SHIP_CD_NAME/A50 = SHIPPERCODE || ' - ' | NAME;
BY SHIPPERCODE
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = endeflt,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Basically I run the fex file through report caster to populate the hold file every morning.

Then the HTML I select the list box and then in the settings I select Dynamic data type.
Data Source would be the Testholdlrshipper.
Value From: TESTHOLDLRSHIPPER.SEG01.SHIPPERCODE
Display From: TESTHOLDLRSHIPPER.SEG01.SHIP_CD_NAME

So I tried the code you gave me. I have the same results as I originally had. I still get that (FOC32505) Wrong Segment Length Detected error when I'm trying to set the list box settings.

BUT here is the weird thing: In App Studio under my Data Servers/applications/loadreports folder I can get the HTML to work correctly. However, if I right click on the TESTHOLDLRSHIPPER master file for sample data I get that wrong segment length error. But if I go to the Server Console and right click and for sample data I'm able to get data back.

WHEN I move it to the Content (to use on the dashboard)/TESTING/LoadReports folder that is when I get that Wrong Segment Length Error.

In Focus since 2005

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi KellyT,
Well, if you do this with your other forms, maybe there is another master with the same name on the APP PATH?

? 32505
-EXIT
Yields this message:
(FOC32505) WRONG SEGMENT LENGTH DETECTED: %1
Segment length stored in FOCUS/XFOCUS file does not match
the segment length described by MFD.

WHENCE TESTHOLDLRSHIPPER MASTER
-EXIT
this will give you the path of where the master is.

I'll take one more shot, please try this:

APP HOLD loadreports
TABLE FILE LOADREPORT
SUM
   NAME
BY SHIPPERCODE
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE = endeflt,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

To use a focexec, create a focexec in loadreports folder and type in:
TABLE FILE LOADREPORT
SUM
COMPUTE SHIP_CD_NAME/A50 = SHIPPERCODE || ' - ' | NAME;
BY SHIPPERCODE
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
END

In the HTML, if you were to choose Dynamic and Explicit and select the focexcec.
Value from will be SHIPPERCODE
Display from will be SHIP_CD_NAME

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe