Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Change Pie Multi to Vertical Stacked Bar

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Change Pie Multi to Vertical Stacked Bar
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I would like to create a vertical stacked bar chart instead of multiple pies. The sample code from car produces one pie per sum field where the slices are the countries. I would like to switch the chart type to the vertical stacked but when I do so, I get a bar per country with the segments of the bar being the sum fields instead of a bar per sum with the countries represented as segments of the bar. I have tried changing GRMERGE and related parameters with no success. Any help is appreciated.

DEFINE FILE CAR
RCOST2/D6=IF SEATS EQ 2 THEN RCOST ELSE 0;
RCOST4/D6=IF SEATS EQ 4 THEN RCOST ELSE 0;
RCOST5/D6=IF SEATS EQ 5 THEN RCOST ELSE 0;
END

GRAPH FILE CAR

SUM CAR.BODY.RCOST2
CAR.BODY.RCOST4
CAR.BODY.RCOST5
AVE.CAR.BODY.RETAIL_COST
BY CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT PNG
ON GRAPH SET HTMLENCODE ON
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHDEFAULT OFF
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
ON GRAPH SET HAXIS 770
ON GRAPH SET VAXIS 405
ON GRAPH SET UNITS PIXELS
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH PIEMULTI
ON GRAPH SET GRMERGE ADVANCED
ON GRAPH SET GRMULTIGRAPH 0
ON GRAPH SET GRLEGEND 0
ON GRAPH SET GRXAXIS 1
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHSTYLE *

setReportParsingErrors(false);
setSelectionEnableMove(false);
;
setDepthRadius(5);
setTransparentBorderColor(getChartBackground(),true);
setPlace(true);
setSeriesType(getSeries(3),2);
ENDSTYLE
END

Thanks,
Barb

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BKinPA,

WebFocus 8.1.05, 8.2.01

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Barb,

This is a friendly follow-up regarding your question about stacked BAR charts.

To create a stacked BAR within InfoAssist here are the following steps. The "Stacks" are based on the fields added to the SUM as in your example with the RCOST2,4,5. The "SUM" must be numeric in order to graph properly. It sounds like you want the BAR to contain the country values?

How to build a stacked bar chart in InfoAssist 8.0.02

Steps:
Here are the steps:

1. COMPUTE three fields and add them to the SUM where one of the fields is the
TOTAL of the other two DEFINEs.

2. Add the COUNTRY field to the X Axis.

3. Click on "Format", select "Other" for the Chart Type and select the
"Vertical Stacked Bars".

Next steps are optional:

4. Right click on the TOTAL in the Legend, select "Series Type" and select
"Line" on the following popup menu.

5. Click on the Series button and click on "Connect Line".

6. Click on Markers and select "Triangle Up".

Here is the link to the Graphic Manual for your WebFOCUS Version

WebFOCUS 8005 Graphics

Let us know if you are able to achieve the desired graph with the WebFOCUS Graphic's manual.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders Inc.

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the follow-up. I did enter a case just before receiving your response and uploaded the CAR examples. The desired end result is for the chart to display one vertical 100% bar for each of the sum fields with the “Slices” of the bar based on Country. I am attempting to follow what you’ve outlined but I’m still getting a bar per country instead of a bar per SUM.

WebFocus 8.1.05, 8.2.01

Expert
posted Hide Post
try this:
APP PATH IBISAMP BASEAPP
DEFINE FILE CAR
END

-*IA_GRAPH_BEGIN
-*Do not delete or modify the comments below
*-INTERNAL_COMMENT LINE#0$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
*-INTERNAL_COMMENT LINE#1$SUVXX0RJTVM8L0VudHJ5PgogICAgICAgIDwvUHJvcGVydHk+CiAgICAgICAgPFByb3BlcnR5IG5hbWU9ImVuYWJsZVByZXZpZXciIHR5cGU9ImphdmEubGFuZy5Cb29sZWFuIj50cnVlPC9Qcm9wZXJ0eT4KICAgIDwvT2JqZWN0Pgo8L1Jvb3Q+Cg==
-*Do not delete or modify the comments above
ENGINE INT CACHE SET ON
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_UNITS='PIXELS';
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_HEIGHT='405.0';
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_WIDTH='770.0';
GRAPH FILE CAR
-* Created by Info Assist for Graph
SUM CAR.BODY.RCOST2
CAR.BODY.RCOST4
CAR.BODY.RCOST5
BY CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT JSCHART
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
ON GRAPH SET HTMLENCODE ON
ON GRAPH SET UNITS &WF_STYLE_UNITS
ON GRAPH SET HAXIS &WF_STYLE_WIDTH
ON GRAPH SET VAXIS &WF_STYLE_HEIGHT
ON GRAPH SET GRMERGE ADVANCED
ON GRAPH SET GRMULTIGRAPH 0
ON GRAPH SET GRLEGEND 0
ON GRAPH SET GRXAXIS 1
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH VBRSTK1
ON GRAPH SET AUTOFIT ON
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
*GRAPH_SCRIPT
setPieDepth(0);
setPieTilt(0);
setDepthRadius(0);
setCurveFitEquationDisplay(false);
setPlace(true);
*END
INCLUDE=IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/javaassist/intl/EN/ENIADefault_combine.sty,$
TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT='WebFOCUS Report', $
*GRAPH_SCRIPT
*END
ENDSTYLE
END
-*IA_GRAPH_FINISH
It was created in the WF8 Graph Tool...

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Doug. I ran the code you posted. It produces one bar per country with the segments being the sum fields. I am trying to produce the opposite - 3 bars, one per sum field where the segments are the countries.

Thanks,
Barb

WebFocus 8.1.05, 8.2.01

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I think I found what I was looking for using SwapDataandLabels set to true. Now to see if I can output a PNG this way to include in a compound to PPTX.

APP PATH IBISAMP BASEAPP
DEFINE FILE CAR
END

-*IA_GRAPH_BEGIN
-*Do not delete or modify the comments below
ENGINE INT CACHE SET ON
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_UNITS='PIXELS';
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_HEIGHT='405.0';
-DEFAULTH &WF_STYLE_WIDTH='770.0';
GRAPH FILE CAR
-* Created by Info Assist for Graph
SUM CAR.BODY.RCOST2
CAR.BODY.RCOST4
CAR.BODY.RCOST5
BY CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT JSCHART
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH VBRSTK1
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
*GRAPH_JS
    swapDataAndLabels:true,  
*END
-*INCLUDE=IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/javaassist/intl/EN/ENIADefault_combine.sty,$
TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT='WebFOCUS Report', $
*GRAPH_SCRIPT
*END
ENDSTYLE
END
-*IA_GRAPH_FINISH

WebFocus 8.1.05, 8.2.01

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Swap Data and labels will not work since I need a PNG to go to PowerPoint. I did find another command that solved the issue and allows the sum fields to be represented as the bars: setSeriesAreRows(false,true);

Thanks,
Barb

WebFocus 8.1.05, 8.2.01