Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED]Selecting Parameters from FIND/Prompt Causes Hanging

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED]Selecting Parameters from FIND/Prompt Causes Hanging
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
We have just switched over from 77 to 81 but now some of our reports that use FIND are hanging. The screen to prompt appears as before but when you make a selection nd click RUN nothing happens ! I assume it is a setting change and I compared the usual ones to 77 from 81 and all the same.
Here is a an example of our problem....
[CODE} TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT SEG.HEIGHT
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL
WHERE COUNTRY EQ &COUNTRY.(OR(FIND COUNTRY IN CAR)).Country:.;
WHERE CAR EQ &CAR.(OR(FIND CAR.CAR IN CAR)).Car:.;
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
END
-RUN
[/CODE]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Posts: 196 | Location: London, UK | Registered: December 06, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Works for me in 8.1.04 and 8.1.05
1. Is CAR file created in IBISAMP
2. IS IBISAMP in your path (? PATH tells you)
   a. APPENDPATH IBISAMP if not on path
3. Are you running code in MRE/Content
   a. Add -MRNOEDIT BEGIN at top of code 
   b. Add -MRNOEDIT END at bottom of code
4. If in Content, does fex have Prompt for Parameters check box checked

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom Flynn,

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom.
CAR is on path otherwise I would not see my drop-down list of countries and cars. tries with -MRNOEDIT at start and end but makes no difference. Also Parameters box is checked.
Ian

Posts: 196 | Location: London, UK | Registered: December 06, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Ian,
Well, don't know what to say, works fine for me with your code:

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks again Tom - I got it working under Dev Studio 8104 (localhost) but I am convinced it is a setting change of some sort. Even when you do have just a simple WHERE statement (without FIND) it prompts you for the value but then when you click on RUN nothing happens !
eg.
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT SEG.HEIGHT
   BY COUNTRY
   BY CAR
   BY MODEL
WHERE COUNTRY EQ '&COUNTRY' ;
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
END

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Ian,
Yep, sounds like it. Make sure your parameter prompting is set to XMLRUN via the Admin Console:

Application Settings --> Parameter Prompting
Client Settings -- > Managed Reporting

Tom

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
HI TOM,
YES CHECKED SETTINGS AND ALL AS I WOULD EXPECT SO I AM RAISING A CASE !
Ian