Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Scroll bar not available in IFRAME for ACCORDION reports created on WF 8.1.05

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Scroll bar not available in IFRAME for ACCORDION reports created on WF 8.1.05
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,
I am trying to create an ACCORDION report in an IFRAME, when I do so and open up the HTML page the IFRAME doesn't create the scroll bars when I expand the values.
This is the same issue with when creating the Table of Contents report.

when I do the same thing on a Web Page directly it works as expected, the scroll bars are available when needed.

Can some one help us on this?

I have similar reports on v7.7.05 and they work as expected in IFRAME. Did some thing changed for v8.1.05?

Thanks,
Kishore Adhikari.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 7.6, 7.7, 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Hi kishore,
Change IFRAME Overflow properties to auto. It may works.

WebFOCUS 8.2.01,windows 8,All Output Format

posted Hide Post
Hi Sowthri,

Thanks for responding.
I tried with the solution you proposed, but it didn't work.

Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hey Kishore,

send us a sample html with the issue for us to help you out.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Hi Vinodh,

Sorry for the late response.

Please find the below HTML code from V7.7.05 (works perfectly) and V8.1.05(Doesn't work as expected)

V7.7.05

< !-- Generated by Report Layout Painter -->
< !DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<script id=IBI_RelCallBack type=text/javascript>function AdjustChildrenPosition(){
}

<script id=IBI_OptionsScript type=text/javascript>
var cgipath = "cgipath";
var ibirls = "ibirls3";

var rltdyncalendar = "rltdyncalendar";
var gmap = "ibigmap";
var olap="olap";
var olappanebase="olappanebase";
var olapdrill="olapdrill";

var ibixmltree="ibixmltree";

var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ibirls);

<script id=IBI_nls type=text/javascript src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js">

<script id=IBI_nlsVars type=text/javascript src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nlsvars.js">

<script id=IBI_ibigbl type=text/javascript src="/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js">

<script id=IBI_ibigblloadCss type=text/javascript>
ibigblloadCss(null);
addIntlTranslatedJS("composertrans.js");

HtmlPage
<script id=clientEventHandlersJS type=text/javascript>

<iframe tabIndex=2 id=iframe1 style="HEIGHT: 610px; WIDTH: 1360px; POSITION: absolute; LEFT: 10px; Z-INDEX: 2; TOP: 90px" persistentuniqueid="compUid_2" HEIGHTOLD="530" WIDTHOLD="1150" requests_list="2" autoExecute="true" name="iframe1">
Select a Data Base:
Actuarial Data Mart Data Dictionary

Search By Column Name:

<script type="text/xml" nextelementuniquenumber="8">

V8.1.05

< !DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

<script type=text/javascript>//confidential_id=IBI_OptionsScript
var szHtmlAlias="/ibi_apps";var szRunTimeHtmlAlias="runTimeHtmlAlias";var cgipath="cgipath";var ibirls="ibirls3";var rltdyncalendar="rltdyncalendar";var map="ibimap";var olap="olap";var olappanebase="olappanebase";var olapdrill="olapdrill";var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ibirls);var nlsScript="/javaassist/nls.js";var glbScript="/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js";var replacePart="";
var scriptTemplate='<script src="'+replacePart+'" type="text/javascript"><\/SCRIPT>';if(typeof(szRunTimeHtmlAlias) === 'string' && szRunTimeHtmlAlias.indexOf('/') == 0)szHtmlAlias=szRunTimeHtmlAlias;document.write(scriptTemplate.replace(replacePart, szHtmlAlias + nlsScript));document.write(scriptTemplate.replace(replacePart, szHtmlAlias + glbScript));

<script type=text/javascript>//confidential_id=IBI_ibigblloadCss
if(typeof ibigblloadCss === 'function'){ibigblloadCss(null);addIntlTranslatedJS("composertrans.js");}else {alert("JavaScript alias '/ibi_apps' is not valid");window.location("about:blank");}
HtmlPage
<script for=window type=text/javascript eventname="onload">window.onload = function() { window_onload(); }

<script>//confidential_id=clientEventHandlersJS

Actuarial Data Mart Data DictionarySelect a Data Base:Search By Column Name:
<iframe tabIndex=2 id=iframe1 scrolling=yes style="OVERFLOW: auto; FONT-SIZE: 12px; HEIGHT: 610px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WIDTH: 1360px; POSITION: absolute; COLOR: rgb(51,51,51); LEFT: 12px; Z-INDEX: 15; TOP: 100px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: white" persistentuniqueid="compUid_11" autoExecute="true" requests_list="2" WIDTHOLD="1360" HEIGHTOLD="610" name="iframe1"> <script type="text/xml" nextelementuniquenumber="5">

Thanks,
Kishore.

Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
hi kishore,

i created a sample accordian report using the retail sample in webfocus 822 and created a report frame and referenced the report. when i ran the report, i see the scroll bars inside the frame. see the below screenshots.

i could suggest you to check the one property called "sizing and scrolling" in the html properties, which is also in the screenshot.

accordian1
accordian2

regards
Vinodh.R

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Hi Vinodh,

I tried creating a new HTML page and made sure your suggestions are in place.

Still the scroll bar are not available when the reports are expanded.

Just want to give more info:

The issue am facing is 'the scroll bars are not available when the values are expanded'.

The scroll bars are available when the report in the initial load it self is larger or bigger to the iframe.

Thanks,
Kishore.

Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
the html that you attached is not usable. i couldnt load them. can you attach the html & report as a file and provide the link here.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs