Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     ReportCaster API and Amper Variable from Html Text Area.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
ReportCaster API and Amper Variable from Html Text Area.
 Login/Join

posted
My requirement is to give users an html form with text area and a submit button. Users will enter multiple sales rep Ids separated by commas. On Clicking the submit button,
(1) I need to provide the where condition with multiple sales rep ids in a direct SQL procedure.
(2) run this procedure from ReportCaster and email the attachment to ths user.

I have done the following:
(a) Created report procedure and tested it by runninig from RCaster with one Salesman ID.
(b)Created another fex to run with DSTRUN RC API(though this choking on security, which I will reasearch little further)

My question is how can I convert text area comma values from the html form to amper variable and use as where condition in the report and at the same time run the focexec which has RC DSTRUN API. Your suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you,

WebFOCUS767, RC,RL,Self-Service,MRE

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Use the text-area value to form a "where ... in ( list )" clause.

If rep_id is a numeric field, just catenate
"WHERE rep_id IN ("
before and
")"
after the value.

If rep_id is a character field, you need to provide quotes delimiting each value:
strip out any spaces,
change comma to quote-comma-quote (see STRREP() and STRIP() functions),
enclose in quotes,
and then imbed the list in the Where syntax as above.

Make sure your solution works correctly when the user supplies just a single rep id value.

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you J.Gross. Any suggestion on my second question?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Please restate the question.

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
From the HTML page when users click submit button, which fex should I execute? The fex which has my report code or the fex which has the ReportCaster API code? Thanks

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Depends on when/where/how you want the output. Do you want it on screen - use the 'normal' fex. Do you want it defered or through mail or any other way then directly on screen you can use the api fex.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, my question was not clear. When user Click the Submit button, I want both the events to happen (1) Provide the html text box values as where condition to the reporting fex and (2) execute the reporting fex thru RC Scheduled job to email the report to the users.