Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Resource Analyzer - Field from SMSESS Segment

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Resource Analyzer - Field from SMSESS Segment
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
FocalPoint Community,

I have a case started, but I thought I'd see if any of my FocalPoint colleagues have any ideas about this particular challenge.

We have a Resource Analyzer report that worked well in 81. We're now on 8.2.04, and it seems as if one column is not producing the expected results.

The column can be found in the SMSESS Segment. The field name is SMCONNADDR.

Here is the snippet of code
 USERNAME/A577 = IF (SMCONNADDR CONTAINS '**.**') OR SMCONNADDR  EQ ' ' OR SMCONNADDR IS MISSING THEN 'INTERNAL' ELSE 'EXTERNAL';

The **.** refers to the beginning of an IP address.

When we brought the report to 82, this column no longer worked properly. All we get is internal users. We know we have external users due to another analytics source we utilize to complement our Resource Analyzer report.

Is there a setting somewhere we need to set/turn on in order to have external users write to the report?

I'd post the entire code here; however, when I printed it in Notepad, the code was more than seven pages and I'd have to do a lot of sanitizing prior to posting it. The snippet I provided above is used in two sections to draw data from RMLDATA and RMLDB. That's all we do other than display the results of the field as Internal/External and then display the actual SMCONNADDR field.

I saw the field length changed in Resource Analyzer, so I tested changing my length to the field length listed in the manual. It still did not produce anything in terms of an external user.

Does anyone have an idea? As stated earlier, I filed a case. I thought I'd throw my question out there, just in case someone knows something I don't know.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

Posts: 191 | Registered: September 18, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Have you tried to use the FQP (Fully Qualified Path: TABLE/Segment names) as a field name may now, in 8204, be used in multiple segments?

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
No, I have not tried that yet.

We're wondering if it has to do more with the security model we're using for our external users. It's too complicated to explain here. I will try your suggestion and follow up on my case.

Thank you.

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

Posts: 191 | Registered: September 18, 2015Report This Post