Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Permission Denied Error in OLAP Report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Permission Denied Error in OLAP Report
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I am trying to generate an OLAP enabled report. I have been able to create my own MAS file that has a dimension defined within, and then I am able to see the data correctly in the report.

But I want to see the filter consitions on top of the report, the same way as you see for olaprep7 under ibinccen directory.

My Fex file Code:

-OLAP ON

TABLE FILE GEOSTR
SUM
SEQNBR AS 'No. Of,Cites'
BY AREA
BY REGION
BY COUNTRY
BY SEQNBR NOPRINT
HEADING
"Location Hierarchy Report"
"Prepared on <+0>&DATE<+0> at <+0>&TOD"
FOOTING
"---- End of Report ----"
WHERE AREA NE MISSING;
WHERE ( AREA NE MISSING ) AND ( ALIAS EQ 'N' ) AND ( SEQNBR EQ 1 );
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT HTML
ON TABLE SET AUTODRILL ALL
ON TABLE SET OLAPPANE TOP
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=PTS,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=9,
LINES-PER-PAGE=UNLIMITED,
$

My only problem is that I do not get the select dropdowns for my dimensions (AREA, REGION, COUNTRY) etc... on the top of the pane (ON TABLE SET OLAPPANE TOP does not seem to be working).

Instead I get a Javascript error with a message "Permission Denied".

I am completely sstuck up here, I understand that this is a security related thing, but unless I know what it is, and how to counter this, I am not going to make any progress.

Any help in this matter would be great.

Thanks,
Ved

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Web Focus 7.1.6
Hosted on Unix Box

Expert
posted Hide Post
What kind of file is GEOSTR? Do you/server have read access to it?

What is the directory/file permission on the master?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Ginny,

This is a Master file that I have created with SUFFIX=SQLORA.

As I already mentioned, there is absolutely no problem in fetching the data. I am seesing the data coming up perfectly in the report with all the OLAP functionalities without the PANEL being present. I want the panel to come up.

Does the Master file need to have some specific permission? I will grant all access and then revert back.

Thanks,
Ved

Web Focus 7.1.6
Hosted on Unix Box

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Just retried after granting all permission on file to everyone (chmod +777)
Still no luck Frowner

Web Focus 7.1.6
Hosted on Unix Box

Expert
posted Hide Post
Check your browser permissions.

Have you tried this on another PC?

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I checked my Browser permission, but I am not really sure what to look for in there.

Another interesting finiding:

1. When I run OLAPREP7 from DevStudio, the OLAP Pane comes on the top as it should.
2. Then I run my report, and this Permission Denied thing comes up
3. Then when I again run OLAPREP7 (step 1), I get the permission Denied error.

Any pointers??? I am really stuck here

Web Focus 7.1.6
Hosted on Unix Box

Expert
posted Hide Post
You need to figure out where your permission problem is coming from. Is it from the reporting server which means that if you are running with security on, you might be losing your cookies? Are you running from MRE? Or are you running from Data Servers? Do you have web server security?

Just saying 'permission denied' doesn't give us a lot to go on.

Ginny