Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Pie Chart Question
 Login/Join

posted
Hello All,

I'm having troubles creating a simple pie chart.

The data in my source is as follows:

EmployeeId Value1 Value2 Value3 Total
------------------------------------------
111111111 100.00 200.00 50.00 350.00
222222222 50.00 50.00 25.00 125.00
...etc

I would like to create a pie chart for each employee that has Values 1-3 as individual pie slices.

My intention is to included this report in a Coordinated Compound PDF where I will have a one page report per employee.

Any help would be appreciated,
Jason Vipond

WF 8.0.08 ... Windows Server 2008

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Have you tried using the Advanced Graph Assistant...it should get you going.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I have done this with the CENTSALES demo file. It is very cool! I recommend creating your report and your graph separately for testing purposes and then in the PDF Layout Painter, use the external reference to the two focexecs. Read up on the doc to get the coordinated output stuff.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am trying (unsuccessfully) to create this chart in the Advanced Graph Assistant. If I choose a basic pie chart, I can supply fields for three things - Measures, Pie Slices, and Multi-graph.

I'm using the EmployeeId for the Multi-graph so that the report gets bursted correctly in the Compound PDF.

For the other two items, I can only specify one field each. In my example data above, I would like Value 1 to be Slice 1, Value 2 as Slice 2, and Value 3 as Slice 3.

I think the tool is trying to get me to specify one of the Values as the Measure - something to be summed, and another field to be used as the pie slice (or By). In my case though, the data is pre-aggregated and already in one single row. I have no need for summing or grouping.

Any suggestions? Am I going about this whole thing the wrong way??

Jason

WF 8.0.08 ... Windows Server 2008