Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Closed] Calling MRE-procedure from EDASERVE?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Closed] Calling MRE-procedure from EDASERVE?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi there,

my search on Focal Point was resultless, therefore I'm gonna try it this way:

I know how to call a fex stored which is stored EDASERVE's appfolder from MRE with:

-MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE appfolder/program.fex
-EXIT

Now I'm looking for the opposite way; this means that I want to call a procedure stored in MRE from EDASERVE, something like:

-INCLUDE MREFOLDER/procedure.fex
-EXIT

Any ideas are - as always - appreciated.

Kind regards,

Stefan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Stefan,

WF 7.6.9
PMF 5.1.3
BID 7.6.9

Win XP
HTML, PDF, Excel, PowerPoint

Posts: 69 | Location: Germany | Registered: September 21, 2009Report This Post
<JG>
posted
APP MAP

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
JG,

my fex on EDASERVE looks like this:

APP MAP APP1 c:\WebFOCUS76\basedir\mypath\app
APP PREPENDPATH APP1

-*APP SHOWPATH

-INCLUDE APP1/myfex.fex

Running this fex gives me the error FOC227.

Still no idea.

WF 7.6.9
PMF 5.1.3
BID 7.6.9

Win XP

<JG>
posted
quote:
c:\WebFOCUS76\basedir\mypath\app

Stefan that does not look correct to me.

Unless you are using a non-standard basedir it should at least be

c:\ibi\WebFOCUS76\basedir\mypath\app

Also check that the fex is actually called what you think it is which may be different from the MRE display name.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Also make sure that MRE (The web component of WF) is on the same box as the server.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

my WebFOCUS installation path is correct.

MRE and server are on the same box.

Still investigating...

WF 7.6.9
PMF 5.1.3
BID 7.6.9

Win XP

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
-INCLUDE APP1/myfex.fex

Hi,

if I am right, you don't need the APP1.
Just call -INCLUDE MYFEX

Regards,
Markus

WF 7.6.6 (MRE,BID, DevStudio, partly RC) on Windows 2003 /Apache/Tomcat
Output: HTML,Excel,PDF,PPT
Adapters: SQL Server, DB2, Oracle

Posts: 38 | Location: Austria, Linz | Registered: June 19, 2009Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Bear in mind: if the target MR fex uses any MR-specific statement syntax, you're still up the creek.

That would include any use of
-MRNOEDIT

or -include of other MR fex files:

-INCLUDE [domainname]/APP/fexname

This message has been edited. Last edited by: j.gross,

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
including use of any other objects within the MRE structure like images. I would be VERY careful about adding your MRE basedir to the app path of the server. If you're not careful, you could be circumventing the entire security layer that MRE uses. Personally, I would never do this. It can be handled better by use of the proper parameters in the request (IBIMR_action, IBIMR_sub_action,IBIMR_drill,IBIMR_domain,IBIMR_fex,IBIMR_folder, etc.) You can find them all by publishing a report within MRE and then looking at the parameters that are created in the default launch page.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If I understand you correctly, you want the procedure to execute in WebFOCUS and FOCUS (you refer to it as EDASERVE).

The only method I found to work is to use the full path in the include statement.

-INCLUDE /u01/iadmin/ibi/WebFOCUS76/basedir/domainname/app/program.fex [.fex is optional]

If you want the procedure to run in both WebFOCUS and FOCUS you will need to make a few additional adjustments.

I hope I understood your requirement correctly. I hope this helps.

WF 7.6.10 Unix Oracle

Posts: 22 | Location: Milano, Italy | Registered: September 16, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi there,

with help from IBI support it works like this:
quote:

APP MAP APP1 c:\WebFOCUS76\basedir\mypath\app
APP PREPENDPATH APP1
-RUN

-INCLUDE APP1/myfex.fex

@Darin Lee:
Can you tell me were I can get more information on the parameters (IBIMR_action,...) you mentioned?

Kind regards,

Stefan

WF 7.6.9
PMF 5.1.3
BID 7.6.9

Win XP

Master
posted Hide Post
You can find more about request parameters in chapter-2 of this document.

http://documentation.informati...f761api/wf761api.pdf

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post