Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Documentation Tool
 Login/Join

<Luis Z>
posted
Hello,
I belong to a WebFocus developers team also programming in HTML, Javascript, Pl/SQL... We need a documentation tool we could use to create a knowledge repository of relationated scripts, tables and masters.
Do anybody know about a similar doc-tool? (freeware if posible)

Thanks,

Report This Post
<Claudia Holanda>
posted
Hello Luis,

We are not aware of any software on the market to do this. IBI developed its own way of addressing this issue by developing a custom tool.

Best regards

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
well, whats the CUSTOM TOOL you're talking about, Claudia?

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<Michele Brady>
posted
Documentation Services created a "custom tool" for our online documentation repository. The back end is a SQL Server database which tracks the location of files on our network. The front end is an Web interface. We also incorporated a search engine. I'm not aware of any freeware for this purpose, but there are many content management systems on the market that can do this and much more.

I hope this information helps.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
You may want to contact :

Gil Givati
Director
Products & Intl. Business development
Software Resources Ltd. (SRL)

Tel : +972-3-7662014
Fax: +972-3-6482197
Mobile: +972-54-888937
URL: http://www.srl.co.il

They may have a product that will do exactly what you want for WebFOCUS.

Posts: 17 | Location: SSA, Maryland | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I've not worked with the IWAY Software but doesn't the Data Management Console do something like this as well. The demo made it sound like it documented table information, helped create new tables and allowed you to search on table and column names to do impact analysis.

Am I incorrect in thinking the IWAY product and the SRL product work similarly ? Confused

Posts: 132 | Location: Kansas | Registered: November 12, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
webfocuspgm said:
[qb] I've not worked with the IWAY Software but doesn't the Data Management Console do something like this as well. The demo made it sound like it documented table information, helped create new tables and allowed you to search on table and column names to do impact analysis.[/qb]
The good news: iWay's Data Management Console includes Metadata Manager, which tracks tables and masters for iWay data adapters (aka WebFOCUS Direct Data Interfaces, or EDA for our long-term friends). It does impact analysis and helps you search on table descriptions, etc.

The bad news: This tool was designed for use with ETL Manager (the successor to Copy Manager), not WebFOCUS, and so out of the box doesn't track HTML pages, scripts, or reports. While ETL Manager customers could see benefit from this tool, I don't think it applies to the kind of work you want to do.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Regards,
Jake Freivald
Director
iWay Software

Posts: 20 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: June 19, 2003Report This Post