Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] adding control values to a link in HTML composer

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] adding control values to a link in HTML composer
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I am creating a webpage (AppStudio 8008) that our internal users will use to access WebFOCUS content among other things. One thing that I am trying to do is give the users the option of having their own personal dashboard(s) that they can use for their own content. I know this can be done in the main WebFOCUS BI Portal, so I was planning on embedding this page in one of my tabs. The problem is that if they click run on a portal, even if the site they are doing this from is embedded, the portal opens up in the main window, essentially closing the main webpage.

Before I go on, if someone has a better way of integrating the WebFOCUS BI Portal into a webpage via the HTML composer, please share your ideas with me.

So here is what I am trying to do. I created a synonym for the bip_component table to return a list of the existing portals, and I have that populated into a combobox. I then have a frame in which I will embed the portal. What I need to figure out how to do is get my url by combining the static portion of the url (http://servername/ibi_apps/portal) with the dynamic part (combobox2.value). Can someone help me with this? Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8007

Expert
posted Hide Post
For the moment, because i"m a complete newbie with WF 8 BIP, I wouldn't embed a BIP in a tab. Since the BIP is opening in the main window, I would add a target tag to the URL hyperlink so, at the very least the BIP opens in a new or named window.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Do you know how I can create a dynamic link, or append a link? The link will always be "http://servername/ibi_apps/bip/portal/xxxxxxxx", with "xxxxxxxx" being the name of the portal. I want to add the name of the portal to the end of the link, with the value of that name coming from a drop down box.

In other words, I have a dropdown box with a value "portal_name_1", so when a user makes that selection, a button will take them to "http://servername/ibi_apps/bip/portal/portal_name_1". If they choose "portal_name_2", it will take them to "http://servername/ibi_apps/bip/portal/portal_name_2" and so on.

WebFOCUS 8007

Expert
posted Hide Post
Scott, I created metadata for the tables. So, you're using BIP_COMPONENT. I have a couple of questions:

1) How did you determine that the table is BIP_COMPONENT? Did you find some documentation?

2) I assume the filter is BIP_COMPONENT_TYPE EQ 'view'. The Name of the view does not appear to be in this table, so perhaps we have to join to another table.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to work out why I get duplicate rows, even though the tables do not have duplicate rows.

-SET &ECHO=ON;

-MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE common/util_wfsqltrace.fex

SET HOLDFORMAT=ALPHA
SET ASNAMES=ON
SET HOLDLIST=PRINTONLY
SET HTMLCSS=ON
-RUN

JOIN BIP_COMPONENT_PARENT_ID IN WFR80_BIP_COMPONENT TO BIP_NLS_COMPONENT_ID IN WFR80_BIP_NLS AS J1
-RUN

TABLE FILE WFR80_BIP_COMPONENT
PRINT
BIP_NLS_COMPONENT_VALUE
BIP_COMPONENT_PATH

COMPUTE BIP_COMPONENT_PATH_EDIT1/A200 = SUBSTR(4000, BIP_COMPONENT_PATH, 1, 200, 200, 'A200');
COMPUTE BIP_COMPONENT_PATH_EDIT2/A200 = STRREP (200, BIP_COMPONENT_PATH_EDIT1, 5, '/view', 0, '', 200, 'A200');
COMPUTE BIP_URL/A600 = '<a target="BIP_PAGE" href="/ibi_apps/bip/portal' || BIP_COMPONENT_PATH_EDIT2 || '">' || SUBSTR(512, BIP_NLS_COMPONENT_VALUE, 1, 200, 200, 'A200') || '</a>';

SEG.BIP_COMPONENT_PARENT_ID
SEG.BIP_NLS_COMPONENT_ID

BY BIP_NLS_COMPONENT_VALUE NOPRINT

WHERE BIP_COMPONENT_TYPE EQ 'view'
WHERE BIP_NLS_COMPONENT_KEY EQ 'name'
WHERE BIP_NLS_COMPONENT_LANGUAGE EQ 'en_US'

HEADING
"Portals"

ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, FONT='Calibri', SIZE=9, GRID=OFF, BORDER=0.5, BORDER-COLOR=SILVER, $
END
-RUN

Francis

Gold member
posted Hide Post
BIP_Component was sort of a guess. I looked through each of the tables until I found a field that corresponded with the names of my existing portals. I filterd on viewroot and this is the list of my portals.

WebFOCUS 8007

Expert
posted Hide Post
"viewroot"?

Francis

posted Hide Post
I am working on creating a fex that automatically launches the portal that the user has security access to. I am using the UOA_RESOURCES table to get my list of portals instead of the BIP_COMPONENT. First I look up the ID for the resource that has the name "Portals". Then I search for any resource that has a ParentID that matches the Portals ID.

WebFOCUS Developer Studio 8006

Gold member
posted Hide Post
That sounds like a much better method (using UOA_Resources, that is). I'd be interested to know how you tie the security aspect into that. Or are you planning on letting the front end security handle that?

WebFOCUS 8007

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Ok, so I now have a list of the portal names along with corresponding values for the url in a fex, and I have this loaded into a combo box (the name is the display, the url is the value). Now, what I need to figure out is how to take the value from the combo box and have it launch the URL that it contains.

WebFOCUS 8007

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I think I figured it out. So I have my fex that contains the portal urls for all of my portals:

ENGINE SQLMSS SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION WF_REPP
SQL SQLMSS PREPARE SQLOUT FOR
select NAME from UOA_RESOURCES where PARENTID in (select ID from UOA_RESOURCES where NAME = 'Portals')
END
TABLE FILE SQLOUT
-DEFAULTH &PORTALURL=PORTALURL;
PRINT NAME
COMPUTE PORTALURL/A50 = 'http://servername/ibi_apps/bip/portal/'||NAME;
END

This gives me a table with two columns: the pretty name and teh url string.

I then have this populting a combo box with the pretty name as the display and the URL as the value. Then I opened up the Embedded JavaScript/CSS tab and added this:

function combobox2_onchange(event) {
iframe5.open( this.options[ this.selectedIndex ].value, '_self');
}

Boom! Now when I select an option from the dropdown list it automatically loads that portal (or any website you would have in your dropdown list) into iframe5.

For good measure, I wanted to figure out how to have a button click do the same thing, so I found this and it works too:

function button2_onclick(event) {
var values = IbComposer_getCurrentSelection('combobox2');
iframe5.open( values, '_self');
}

My next objective is to figure out the best way to add a new portal or edit an existing portal from this webpage. But that might be another discussion.

WebFOCUS 8007

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Matson:
That sounds like a much better method (using UOA_Resources, that is). I'd be interested to know how you tie the security aspect into that. Or are you planning on letting the front end security handle that?

I'm querying the UOA_GROUPRULES table to figure out which Portals the user has access to.

WebFOCUS Developer Studio 8006