Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] WebFOCUS Hyperstage

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] WebFOCUS Hyperstage
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi All,

Can any one tell about WebFOCUS Hyperstage. what are the software need to install for webfocus hyperstage?

Please let me know

Thanks,
Madhu

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Posts: 53 | Registered: September 30, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You need to get a license for Hyperstage, its an Information Builders product.

Hyperstage is based on a product from Infobright.

And from what I have seen, when you use Hyperstage, you need to have all your data in it to get true benefits.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hyperstage is a very different type of database, columnar, that runs on MySQL ISAM.

Throw out all preconceptions about db design and have a chunky machine to run it on, it does like memory.

It will cope with vast amounts of data and also compresses that data. The Hyperstage licence from IBI includes the Hyperstage adapter which does help keep performance at an optimal level.

As Waz has stated, you need to have all your data in Hyperstage for full benefit, as in self-sufficient Data Marts. There is a learning curve so advice from IBI is essential.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
And unless IBI have changed there pricing model, its expensive.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Please help me to work in hyperstage. Please answer for my below questions
1. Where i need to provide the licence no in WEBFocus?
2. How to configure Hyperstage adapter?
3. If i am having oracle is my database then how hyperstage adapter will help us?

Please advice me

Thanks,
Madhu

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
When you install Hyperstage the licence, MySQL engine, drivers and adapter are installed automatically. If you have bought Hyperstage or have an evaluation copy, the install does everything for you. If you are asking these questions then you cannot have used the IBI install.

Hyperstage is best at Data Mart type application, you can extract data from Oracle and load into Hyperstage, and if properly designed and set up, get large performance benefits.

As I said before, get help from IBI, this subject is too big to be covered in a Forum.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Alan,

So If the client database is oracle,then we need to migrate the data from oracle to hyperstage using an ETL tool then need to use hyperstage tables in webfocus. Is it correct?

Please let me know

Thanks
Madhu

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Correct.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Gold member
posted Hide Post
After Install WebFOCUS, we can install hyperstage?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yes. The Hyperstage install is actually very straightforward.

But as I have said before, please get advice from IBI as Hyperstage is a different model and you need to understand what data you have and what you are trying to achieve. There are tools for loading data efficiently and effectively and these tools can be called using iDM if required. Whilst SQL can be used, this use depends upon your requirements and data volumes.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

To put select query we can use query browser for mysql database. did Hyperstage having any query browser to put select query?

Thanks,
Madhu...

Expert
posted Hide Post
As its a MySQL front end, you should be able to use anything that will work with MySQL.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Waz,

If the client database is oracle,then need to migrate the data from oracle to hyperstage using an ETL tool then need to use hyperstage tables in webfocus.
If the client database is mysql then also we need to migrate the data from mysql to hyperstage or we can directly use mysql tables (no need migration)?

Please let me know

Thanks,
Madhu

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Any data outside of Hyperstage has to be loaded into Hyperstage so that the data is under the control of the the Hyperstage storage engine. There are no shortcuts.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Alan,

so for any database (mysql, oracle, sqlserver, etc...) first need to migrate the data to hyperstage database using an ETL tool then need to use those tables in webfocus report

Is it correct? Please help me

Thanks,
Madhu

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Madhu,

Hyperstage is a database, it has to have data. Why would you think that it does not require data to be loaded into it?

Please can you get IBI to help you before you go any further and there is also plenty of information on-line.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I install hyperstage in my machine but i am not able to see BRIGHTHOUSE engine

Please suggest me to continue

Thanks,
Madhu

<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi Madhu,

For installation and configuration issues, the right channel for assistance is Customer Support Services. Please open a case on InfoResponse Online.

Regards,

Kathryn

Report This Post