Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] Advanced Graph Assistant doesn´t start

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] Advanced Graph Assistant doesn´t start
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I want to create a Graphic in Developer Studio 7.6.1, but I can´t find why the Advanced Graph Assistant Doesn´t show the tools, Only shows an empty window, but it doesn´t start the assistant.
The botton "New explorer" and "Command Console" are the only available to use.
I don´t know if there is a problem with the application or configuration of something.
I hope someone can support me.

Thanks for your help

Greetings

Tony

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFocus 7.6.10, windows 7, win server 2003-2008 PDF, TXT, XML, html, xls, doc

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Tony,

I checked with our technicals and was suggested that you should open a case with Customer Support Services so that we can take a look at your setup. To open a case, please either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The behavior you are describing is exactly what I encountered trying to run the AGA at a client's. It turned out that the laptop they issued to me had Dev Studio 7.6.8 and Internet Explorer 8.0. They are incompatable. As soon as we uninstalled IE8 and installed IE7, the Advanced Graph Assist worked perfectly.

I would check version compatability since you list Windows 7 and WebFOCUS 7.6.1 in your signature, I would bet money that you have either IE8 or IE9 on your machine.

Robert F. Bowley Jr.
Owner
TaRa Solutions, LLC

In WebFOCUS since 2001

Posts: 132 | Location: Gadsden, Al | Registered: July 22, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
[CASE-OPENED]

Hello Kerry,

I appreciate your suggestion, open the case right now,

The case-opened is 71962562

thanks!

Saludos!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: anrix,

posted Hide Post
Yes, Robert

I have IE8, but I can´t uninstall it because I need it for other applications that fail with IE7 je, Frowner

Is there other solution, like a patch or something like that?

Greetings!

Tony

This message has been edited. Last edited by: anrix,

posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in the answer to this as we have a similar problem and are rolling out IE8 as a standard. Which version of Dev Studio is compatible with IE8 ?

Developer Studio Release : 7.6.11

Posts: 21 | Location: TataSteel Strip Products UK , Port Talbot , South Wales | Registered: November 28, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
We have 7.6.11 and it. I think the first version of webfocus that supports IE 8 is 7.6.10

I don't think it works if you just upgrade developer studio.

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Had the same issue when we were using 7.6.9 and moved to IE8. Adv Graph Assistant isn't compatible with some of the shared object. Luckily we didn't need IE8 for a while, so went back down to IE7 and all was fine until we could upgrade to 7.6.11 to use IE8. Any reason why you wouldn't upgrade WebFOCUS? There are alot of good improvements over 7.6.1.

Good luck!

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.5 - SQL Server - Windows Server

Posts: 21 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN | Registered: June 29, 2007Report This Post