Focal Point
[CLOSED] Passing Dynamic Date Parameter

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7547038096

October 09, 2018, 10:40 AM
Gagan Marwah
[CLOSED] Passing Dynamic Date Parameter
Hello all,

I am trying to schedule a report for a customer and for the date parameters I would like to pass dynamic date range. For Example:

Begin Date: One year in past from today's date
End Date: Current Date/Today's date

Is there a way to pass this in the text field when scheduling a report? This will allow them to receive a scheduled report without running a report and choosing parameters every week.

Thank you,
Gagan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
October 09, 2018, 11:15 AM
MathematicalRob
Gagan,

You can easily calculate these dates in a procedure. Once you have done so, you can call that procedure as a pre-processing procedure in Report Caster.

I have a report where I calculate some parameters using SQL. Then, I read those parameters into my variables in the pre-processing procedure something like this:

SET HOLDLIST=PRINTONLY
TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT
     AIDY_CODE/A4
     PAYNO/A2
     YEAR/A4
     AID_PERIOD/A3
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE HOLD AS PARAMS FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN
-READ PARAMS &aidy.A4. &payno.A2. &year.A4. &period.A3.

In your case it might be easier to do the necessary calculations using Dialog Manager code rather than SQL or FOCUS.

- Rob

WebFocus 8201m on Windows; App Studio 8201; Procedures: WebFocus with SQL; HTML Parameter Pages & Dashboard; Output: Excel, HTML, & PDF.
October 09, 2018, 12:41 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Gagan

Rob has the right idea of using a pre-processing procedure. You can set a variable for the previous year

-SET &PYEAR_DATE=AYMD(&YYMD,-365,'I8YYMD');

And use &YYMD for the current date and &PYEAR_DATE for the previous year in you report caster fex WHERE statement

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
October 09, 2018, 01:44 PM
Gagan Marwah
Thank both for your input. Smiler

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs