Focal Point
[CLOSED] FOCCACHE question

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7567070196

January 29, 2019, 12:16 PM
WebFOCUS_Dev
[CLOSED] FOCCACHE question
Hello

I never dealt with FOCCACHE and having issues with it. I have one HOLD file created from some code and will be using it in multiple reports on single HTML page. So, I am using FOCCACHE to hold it, so that data prep runs only once and all reports use the HOLD file instead of running the same data prep multiple times.
STATE foccache/HOLD_FILE.mas
-RUN
-IF &RETCODE EQ 0 THEN GOTO CONTINUE_REPORT ELSE GOTO CONTINUE_DATAPREP ;

I am using above code in reports to check FOCCACHE and direct flow to run report or data prep.
Even when I change my filter selections, its still running the same file from FOCCACHE. Am I missing something here?

Please suggest.

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8206
All formats
January 29, 2019, 03:13 PM
MartinY
The FOCCACHE files exist for a period of time (depending on your client setting) to give opportunities to reuse the same data without the need to reload.

When you are doing :
-RUN

The &RETCODE is always 0 until your system clear the FOCCACHE so you always branch to CONTINUE_REPORT

Depending on your situation, different options may apply

How does the HOLD file is generated ? On request by the user from selection screen ? From an overnight job ? A pre-processing ? ...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MartinY,

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
January 29, 2019, 03:29 PM
WebFOCUS_Dev
quote:
Originally posted by MartinY:
The FOCCACHE files exist for a period of time (depending on your client setting) to give opportunities to reuse the same data without the need to reload.

When you are doing :
-RUN

The &RETCODE is always 0 until your system clear the FOCCACHE so you always branch to CONTINUE_REPORT

Depending on your situation, different options may apply

How does the HOLD file is generated ? On request by the user from selection screen ? From an overnight job ? A pre-processing ? ...

HOLD file is generated by the user from filter selection screen. There is no over-night job.

WebFOCUS 8206
All formats