Focal Point
[CLOSED] Running a fex report from devel. environment shows partial data from prod

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7587005695

January 06, 2011, 10:39 AM
Marikaki
[CLOSED] Running a fex report from devel. environment shows partial data from prod
Hi guys... I am back in 2011. Happy New Year to you.

Looking at my excel report result, at first I would say that the partial data printed indicates to me that data is from production environment!!!! There is only 1 column of information printed and all others are empty. My report is launch from Report caster in Developmment environment. I've also checked the index table to view if the tables were pointed to the developpment environment; they are all right. This is not a new application, it is a clone whichone is using the year end date 20101231. In caster I have also cloned the task just replacing for the clone name application.

What should I do to fix that error?

I must tell you that this report is the Yearly Sales Report 2010 and goes to the direction. Everybody waits for this report which buged in the year end process.

Wait for your help. Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Marikaki,

Marikaki

WF 7.7.03m, MRE, BI Dashboard, DevStudio, Report Caster, Windows 7, I.E. 8/9, Apache Tomcat 6.0, Derby Output formats: Excel2K, PDF, HTML, AHTML

January 06, 2011, 04:40 PM
Prarie
Why would you have a Yearly Sales Report that goes to...I guess the Director - and everyone is waiting on in Dev? Perhaps if it were in Production you would get the correct data?
Are you certain Dev points to Production data? Just Curious.
January 06, 2011, 05:52 PM
Marikaki
Hi Prarie,

The case is partially solved.

Just to satisfy your curiosity:

- the sales report that crashed was in production for the direction.

- the sales report is a current_date base report. So to rebuilt data at year end, I had to clone the report and changing all compute dates and to restore data at 2010-12-31. I could not do this into production. Now in production, sales enclosed are of January 2011. This explains why the clone-sales-report ran in DEV.

- The issue is not completely solved but at that point I beleive the data was not pointed to the production as I thought before.

- Now, there is not anymore emergency. Technical support will take care of the rest.

Thank you.

Marikaki

WF 7.7.03m, MRE, BI Dashboard, DevStudio, Report Caster, Windows 7, I.E. 8/9, Apache Tomcat 6.0, Derby Output formats: Excel2K, PDF, HTML, AHTML