Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Running a fex report from devel. environment shows partial data from prod

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Running a fex report from devel. environment shows partial data from prod
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi guys... I am back in 2011. Happy New Year to you.

Looking at my excel report result, at first I would say that the partial data printed indicates to me that data is from production environment!!!! There is only 1 column of information printed and all others are empty. My report is launch from Report caster in Developmment environment. I've also checked the index table to view if the tables were pointed to the developpment environment; they are all right. This is not a new application, it is a clone whichone is using the year end date 20101231. In caster I have also cloned the task just replacing for the clone name application.

What should I do to fix that error?

I must tell you that this report is the Yearly Sales Report 2010 and goes to the direction. Everybody waits for this report which buged in the year end process.

Wait for your help. Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Marikaki,

Marikaki

WF 7.7.03m, MRE, BI Dashboard, DevStudio, Report Caster, Windows 7, I.E. 8/9, Apache Tomcat 6.0, Derby Output formats: Excel2K, PDF, HTML, AHTML

Posts: 96 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: January 20, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Why would you have a Yearly Sales Report that goes to...I guess the Director - and everyone is waiting on in Dev? Perhaps if it were in Production you would get the correct data?
Are you certain Dev points to Production data? Just Curious.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Prarie,

The case is partially solved.

Just to satisfy your curiosity:

- the sales report that crashed was in production for the direction.

- the sales report is a current_date base report. So to rebuilt data at year end, I had to clone the report and changing all compute dates and to restore data at 2010-12-31. I could not do this into production. Now in production, sales enclosed are of January 2011. This explains why the clone-sales-report ran in DEV.

- The issue is not completely solved but at that point I beleive the data was not pointed to the production as I thought before.

- Now, there is not anymore emergency. Technical support will take care of the rest.

Thank you.

Marikaki

WF 7.7.03m, MRE, BI Dashboard, DevStudio, Report Caster, Windows 7, I.E. 8/9, Apache Tomcat 6.0, Derby Output formats: Excel2K, PDF, HTML, AHTML

Posts: 96 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: January 20, 2010Report This Post