Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] How to add an image to a row on a PDF report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] How to add an image to a row on a PDF report
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
We have a folder on our image server with 200,000+ jpg images of our parts. Is there a way to write a report that would also show an image of the part on the report (row)? We have the image name in the table that produces the report so there is no problem there. The problem seems to be (1) how to position the image by row and (2) how to reference the image server for the image instead of having the images in the app path. I have waded through many search topics on this but as of yet have not found what I'm looking for. Anyone doing this?

Update: with more searching, I found the answer to number 1 - thanks Darin Lee. Number 2 is my problem.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JDroke,

________________________________________________________________________________________
WebFOCUS 7.6.8 + Windows Server 2003 + DB2/400

Posts: 66 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: January 16, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, the only way to get an image in a pdf document is by including it in a heading.
And the image has to reside on a physical path where the reporting server can reach it.

What you could try to do is create a very sophisticated pdf compound report that has numerous table requests with one line per request as a result and each with its own image.

If you decide to go and try that alley, I hope you're successful...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
JDroke,

1) What technigue are you using to put the images in rows on a PDF docuemnt?

2) The images must be in the APPPATH. You could map a network drive on the Windows Server on which WebFOCUS is installed to the machine that has the images. Then use the APP MAP command to add the network drive to the APPPATH. This way you do not need to copy the image sto the WebFOCUS server.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Solution1: I got this from our forum long back.

DEFINE FILE CAR
LOGO/A25=IF COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND' THEN 'ib_logo_msold.gif' ELSE
IF COUNTRY EQ 'ITALY' THEN 'testpdfimg.gif' ELSE 'ib_logo1_ms.gif';
END

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
CAR
COUNTRY
BY LOGO
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
GRID=OFF,
FONT='TIMES NEW ROMAN',
SIZE=10,
COLOR='BLACK',
BACKCOLOR='NONE',
STYLE=NORMAL,
$
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N1, IMAGE=(LOGO),SIZE=(2.0 .5),$
ENDSTYLE
END

Solution2: As Mgrackin suggested and it works great. Add this code in to your edasprof.prf.
APP MAP testimg C:\Webfocus71\Image
APP PATH Masters ibisamp test testimg

Hope it helps.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Kamesh, thanks for your reminder posting - I did not know about the style-sheet image based on data trick.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yes - this is how I did it (with the DATA trick). The code that was posted looks almost exactly like the example I got mine from that Darin Lee posted. It would be nice if the threads showed the year so you could tell how old they are when you are looking at things - especially in the search.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 66 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: January 16, 2008Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I did get this working with the APP MAP to a physical drive on the server so the concept works - I'm just having trouble getting it to work with a mapped drive on the server which must have something to do with security.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I got this working on the mapped drive by using the Universal Naming Convention.

This app is a one time need for this mapping. Is there any problem with me putting the APP PATH and APP APPENDPATH is the fex itself - I know it's working but are there any downsides?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You mean with drive letters that have been mapped using the filesystem's 'net use' command?
Such as 'x:\'?
I don't think it will work - but I've been known to be wrong before. . .

But, having said that, that is valid only for drives that have been mapped outside of the server. If you do it from within the server, then the drive will be recognized and you can use it. To set this as a standard drive, add it to the edasprof.
You could for example put the following lines in your edasprof:
! NET USE X: \\servername\D$ 123456 /USER:servername\administrator
APP MAP mymap X:\ibi\apps\appfolder
APP PREPENDPATH mymap

(Change whatever is necessary). As of now the app mymap is available to you.

Hope this helps...

GamP

in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Sorry GamP. I found my answer and edited the post (evidently while you were typing your reply). Thanks for the info. Any problem with the APP PATH in the fex?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I personally would use APP PREPENDPATH or APP APPENDPATH.
APP PATH removes the current setting and replaces it with what you type after it.
The other two just add your new app directory to the path as either first or last directory.

GamP

in Focus since 1988

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Sorry GamP, I typed that in wrong. I meant is it okay to put the APP MAP and APP APPENDPATH (as recommended earlier in the thread) in the fex if it's just a one time deal (vs. putting it in the EDASPROF.PRF)?

Expert
posted Hide Post
Sure, I see no reason not to put the APP MAP and APP APPENDPATH commands in the fex - they will only be active while the fex runs.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone for their replies!