Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Sorting functionality not working in active html as i expected

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Sorting functionality not working in active html as i expected
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I am working on active html reports.

In one of my report, I need to display the records in group. For each group subtotal is there.

When i run this it is displaying with subtotals but if click for descending or ascending order for a column then subtotals are not displaying for each group.

Sorting needs to be applied for each group and subtotal needs to be displayed for each group but it should not mix up.

How to solve this?

Another thing is when i do "BY ColumnName", this is sorting also not applying for report. It is working in my html and pdf reports. Can anyone tell me how to make this work.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Web FOCUS 7.7.03
PDF

Gold member
posted Hide Post
No one?

Web FOCUS 7.7.03
PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
click for descending or ascending order for a column then subtotals are not displaying for each group

This will consider the sort "group" to be the column on which you clicked. It looks like what you're looking for is a drilldown, passing the "clicked on field" as your primatry sort, or something like that.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I am doing sorting by fund number which is one column in my report. If user click on any column header for sorting then on top of fund number sorting another sort needs to be done.

I am displaying the records by fundnumber

101 venkat amount1
101 arun amount2

102 santosh amount3
102 balaji amount4

If user click on 2nd column then it should display as below.

101 arun amount2
101 venkat amount1

102 balaji amount4
102 santosh amount3

How to achieve this?

Web FOCUS 7.7.03
PDF

posted Hide Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but I am guessing the subtotal disappears when sorting is done on any column except when you are changing the sort order for fund number?

7.7.03/8.1.04
Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
exactly Nathaniel. After sorting in active html subfoot is disappearing.

Web FOCUS 7.7.03
PDF

posted Hide Post
Santu, I am afraid that you are running into this https://techsupport.informatio...om/sps/22782541.html.

When you sort in the active html that field becomes the only sort field, which causes your results to no longer be grouped correctly for your subtotals. Ideally you would have the option to sort within the existing sort fields, but that does not seem to be available.

7.7.03/8.1.04
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
Looks like the users would have to do the sorting themselves in Active Reporting currently.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Posts: 402 | Location: Upland, IN | Registered: June 08, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The report developer can set up sorting as normal. It is when the user sorts in a way that disrupts the subtotal grouping that the report won't display the subtotal. It seems like when the user sorts again on field that is being subtotaled the subtotal will reappear and the report will still have the earlier sort.

I think that (for the user in the active report) any time a 'higher' level sort is done it will not disrupt any 'lower' level sorts, but a 'lower' level sort will undo any 'higher' level sorts.

Hopefully this makes some sort of sense...

7.7.03/8.1.04
Windows, All Outputs