As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only. Moving forward, myibi is our community platform to learn, share, and collaborate. We have the same Focal Point forum categories in myibi, so you can continue to have all new conversations there. If you need access to myibi, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your corporate email address, company, and name.
1) I have a "chain" of RC jobs being processed, executed via a system scheduler (OpCon).
2) This consists of two groups of jobs, 41 in all, which needs to inform the on-call staff of when the chain starts and when it ends.
3) Notifications: 3a) I have the notifications set to "Always" for the first and last jobs, with a subject line of "Job chain started" 3b) I have the notifications set to "On Error" for the other jobs, with a subject line of "Job chain ended"
4) I get the same notification for the first and last job with the static subject line for "Always" REGARDLESS of the completion status.
The Solution: (still looking on how to do this)
5) Alter the subject line dynamically, based on the exit code from within the RC job, of these two notifications or get RC to be able to send emails based on the return code / completion status (Pass or Fail).
I do know that the completion status is in both the brief and full notifications. But, that's not enough when you're woken up during the night with these notifications (you would need to open the notification and read it rather than just seeing the status in the subject line.
Is it time for a NFR?
In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS. Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206
Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005
Hi Doug: Look into the Report Caster Post Processing Procedure. You may be able to do something there. Another option is to use the RC APIs to create and schedule a caster schedule on-the-fly on failure. This on-the-fly schedule can have whatever subject line you want.
PS Did you surrender your NC plates when you got the TN plates?
Diptesh WF 7.1.7 - AIX, MVS
Posts: 79 | Location: Warren, NJ, USA | Registered: October 25, 2006