Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     $ sign in Subtotal and Grand Total

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
$ sign in Subtotal and Grand Total
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I am able to get the Dollar Sign before the amount column , but how to get the Dollar sign for the Sub total and Grand totals.

Regards,
Navaneeth

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Navaneeth,
It is automatic.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
If you have M in the column definition, it is carried to the subtotal and grand total:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES/D12MC
RETAIL_COST/D10M
BY COUNTRY SUBTOTAL
BY CAR
BY MODEL

END

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

when I use McGuyver technique to display the totals and subtotals, it is not displaying .

Code :

ON DEPT_I SUBFOOT
"Total invoices funded for Dpt
I had to put in the $ sign in the headings

Regards,
Navaneeth

Expert
posted Hide Post
Then your formats are not correct. Did you look at what Francis posted? Do you have the M qualifier on your format?

Maybe you should post your code minus the stylesheet info.

Also please update your profile signature with your product suite, release and platform.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You stated "SUBTOTAL" in your original posting, but you mention "SUBFOOT" in one of your replies. They are two different things.

This will not have dollar signs in the SUBFOOT (nor will it have commas, because of the original column definition for SALES):

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES/D12MC
RETAIL_COST/D10M
BY COUNTRY SUBTOTAL
BY CAR
SUBFOOT
"SUBFOOT TOTAL <ST.SALES"
BY MODEL
END

This will have dollar signs and commas, because a DEFINE is used instead of a format change:

DEFINE FILE CAR
SALESN/D10M = SALES;
END

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALESN
RETAIL_COST/D10M
BY COUNTRY SUBTOTAL
BY CAR
SUBFOOT
"SUBFOOT TOTAL <ST.SALESN"
BY MODEL
END

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Francis Mariani,

This is working only for floating dollar i.e either by applying 'M' or '!D' if we use fixed dollar i.e either 'N' or '!d' , its not working.Please Clarify.

Regards,
Ajay kumar.

Webfocus 714
Windows XP
HTML,EXCEL,PDF,GIF

Expert
posted Hide Post
Please clarify.

Please be precise about the issue, it will save us replying back and forth. You can use the CAR file as an example table - everyone that has FOCUS/WebFOCUS should have this file.

Please read the manual, "Describing Data With WebFOCUS Language > Describing an Individual Field > The Displayed Data Type: USAGE > Extended Currency Symbol Display Options":

Reference: Extended Currency Symbol Formats

The following guidelines apply:

- A format specification cannot be longer than eight characters.

- The extended currency option must be the last option in the format.

- The extended currency symbol format cannot include the floating (M) or non-floating (N) display option.

- A non-floating currency symbol is displayed only on the first row of a report page. If you use field-based reformatting (as in the example that follows) to display multiple currency symbols in a report column, only the symbol associated with the first row is displayed. In this case, do not use non-floating currency symbols.

- Lower case letters are transmitted as upper case letters by the terminal I/O procedures. Therefore, the fixed extended currency symbols can only be specified in a procedure.

- Extended currency symbol formats can be used with fields in floating point, decimal, packed, and integer formats. Alphanumeric, dynamic, and variable character formats cannot be used.

Note: "A non-floating currency symbol is displayed only on the first row of a report page", perhaps this is what you're encountering.

Francis

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Francis,
I am facing the same issue, but i am trying to print £ sign before my total. With the above mentioned way, I could print $ sign but not £ sign. I used the format like this

Amount/D20.2!L

Please advise, how can i do this?

Sorry, I am not creating a separate thread for this. I think it belongs to the same issue.

Thanks,
Chirag

Linux
Excel, HTML, PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
Chirag, Ajay and Navaneeth,

Are you all working on the same project and in the same outsourcing company? It certainly sounds like it.

Perhaps you should get some collective training?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tony for your suggestion. But me, ajay and navneeth are not working on same project. I used to check forum to get insight into various tricks and tips. I saw this one too. Tried to run the same for £ sign but couldn't get success.

Thanks,
Chirag

Linux
Excel, HTML, PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
But me, ajay and navneeth are not working on same project
Does this imply that you are working for the same outsourcing company though?

If that's true then you still have the same problem/question (albeit across separate client accounts) and it would be worth while for your company to ensure you are adequately trained - it is unfair to you as individuals for your company to expect you to do a job for which you do not have sufficient training!

As for your pound sterling signage problem, the following sample code against GGSALES (a sample database supplied with WF) shows that you should have no problems?
TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM DOLLARS/D12!L
    DOLLARS/D12!l
    BUDDOLLAR/D12M
BY REGION
BY ST
BY CITY
ON CITY SUB-TOTAL AS 'Total'
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
  GRID=OFF, SIZE=9, $
ENDSTYLE
END

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Tony,
My problem is little bit complex. I am printing the subtotal in subfoot and output format is exl2k. I have to print the details first and then using But if i try the same with AMOUNT/D20.2M, $ sign comes quite easily there.

quote:
Sorry I don't know Ajay and Navneeth. I am not working with them.

Thanks & Regards,
Chirag

Linux
Excel, HTML, PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
Think outside of the box and not so blinkered.

If the request is erroring because it doesn't like
ON CITY SUBFOOT
"Subtotal for <CITY is <SUM.DOLLARS/D12!L"
then think how you can effect the currency symbol without having to provide instream conversion (the /D12!L) -

DEFINE FILE GGSALES
  STERLING/D12!L = DOLLARS;
END
TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM STERLING
    DOLLARS/D12!l
    BUDDOLLAR/D12M
BY REGION
BY ST
BY CITY
ON CITY SUBFOOT
"Subtotal for City of <CITY is <SUM.STERLING"
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
  GRID=OFF, SIZE=9, $
ENDSTYLE
END

T

Edited to make it readable - because I left some residual HTML tags Frowner

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tony A,

In FOCUS
since 1986

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Tony,
I am doing exacltly the same thing, but not getting the £ sign before subtotal. I tried to run the following code but did not get the desired result.
 DEFINE FILE GGSALES
END
TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM STERLING
    DOLLARS/D12!l
    BUDDOLLAR/D12M
BY REGION
BY ST
BY CITY
ON CITY SUBFOOT
"Subtotal for City of <CITY is <SUM.STERLING"
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
  GRID=OFF, SIZE=9, $
ENDSTYLE
END 

Thanks for your patience and support.

Regards,
Chirag

Linux
Excel, HTML, PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
If that's the case, and you have support, then you need to call it in as a possible bug with 7.1.4. Use the sample code I gave above as a demonstration. Run it to HTML output in your own environment and save the resultant HTML file, also grab a screen shot.

Raise the case with IB and then follow-up with an email containing the screen shot and HTML file as attachments, quoting the case number.

For reference this works against a 7.6.2 server set-up on Windows Server 2003, but only on the first data row when using subfoot. Subsequent data rows do not have the £ symbol.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

posted Hide Post
DEFINE FILE GGSALES
END
TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM STERLING
DOLLARS/D12!L
BUDDOLLAR/D12M
BY REGION
BY ST
BY CITY
ON CITY SUBFOOT
"Subtotal for City of ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTAL
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
GRID=OFF, SIZE=9, $
ENDSTYLE
END
-EXIT

Works fine and could see the pound and $ symbols on the subtotal and todal.

Expert
posted Hide Post
The code in previous posting is not complete.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
... and that is because it was a cut and paste of my code which contained a couple of < characters.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Tony,
You were right, there is some problem with 714 client. It's working fine with 762. A case has been raised with IBI. They are researching the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Chirag

Linux
Excel, HTML, PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
Not a problem, it's what the Forum is all about Smiler

T

<Sandy Kadish>
posted
This a twist for this thread:

Is there a way to have all rows formatted as, for example, P12CB, but have the subtotal and grand total lines format the same column as P12CNB. The report requester wants to show dollar signs only for the subtotal and grandtotal.

Thanks in advance - Focal Point always comes through.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Not using SUBTOTAL. Subtotals and Grand Totals using ON fieldname SUBTOTAL always use the same format as numbers in that column. You can use SUBFOOT and embed ST. or TOT. fields which you have redefined to another format.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
<Sandy Kadish>
posted
Darin -

That is what I had thought originally. Seems like a New Feature Request. The folks requesting the report prefer to avoid a subfoot.

Report This Post