Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Saving non RO reports and modifying the Domain Tree ?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Saving non RO reports and modifying the Domain Tree ?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

Can someone please help ?

A bit of background on the project first....

We provide users with a set of standard reports. They run these via a parameter page where they select various options. We want the user to be able to save these options so they don't need to key them in each time. We have worked out how to save the parameters in a table and recall them and now we need a way for the user to quickly access and then run this saved report or amend the parameters if required.

As you know, when you create a report in RO and save it it will appear under my reports. How can we get the report saved above to also appear under 'My Reports' ?

Secondly, on the domain tree under 'My Reports' when you right click on the report you get a list of options;

Run
Run deferred
Report assistant
Delete
Add to favourites
Properties

Are we able to change the options on this drop down list ?

Assuming we can get the saved report to appear under My Reports I would like it to look like this;

Run - runs the report using the saved parameters
Run deferred
Report assistant - only show if it was an RO created report
Delete
Amend Parameters - takes the user to the report parameter screen
Schedule - this takes the user to another screen where they can set the report to run in batch.

Be great if we could do this!

Cheers

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Senior Analyst

WebFOCUS 7.1.11 on Windows

<JG>
posted
MRE has built in functionality for saving a users parameters in the MyReports area.
The functionality has to be assigned by an Admin via the MRE admin console.

There is no need to create special functionality to be able to do this.

Check out the MR Admin docs for setup and the MR user docs for usage.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi JG.

I've had a look at the MR documentation and found the relevent section. This seems to refer to a user creating their own report rather than them saving standard report parameters?

What I'd like to be able to do is to ustilise the save function from RO where the user saves the report and it then appears in the my reports list.

Senior Analyst

WebFOCUS 7.1.11 on Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
A url will do it.

Invoke the WFServlet with the following params I pulled from some JS I wrote a long time ago.

iaParameters: {                              // future parameters for generating my reports file.
                    IBIF_adhocfex: '',                      // actual fex.
                    IBIMR_domain: '',                       // current domain name.
                    IBIMR_str1: '',                         // fex description and eventual name of the adhoc request.
                    IBIMR_random: '',                       // random number.
                    IBIMR_folder: '#.olapcustomreports',    // folder name (static)
                    IBIMR_length: '-1',                     // dunno (static)
                    IBIMR_action: 'MR_NEW',                 // defines as new (static)
                    IBIMR_flags: 'infoAssist,rassist',      // flags to ensure IA can be called (static)
                    IBIMR_sub_action: 'MR_MY_REPORT'        // defines content as myreport (static)  
               } 

Notes:
- Remove infoAssist from the flags parameter if you do not want WF to attempt to open the procedure in InfoAssist.
- IBIF_adhocfex should be the entire fex as a string using \n to represent line breaks.

For future reference, just turn on the WFServlet traces and perform the act you would like to simulate. Then review the traces to see the URL and arguments. Also, there is no guarantee that this will work in future releases. This is not documented, therefore there is no obligation for IB to keep these commands the same in future releases.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post