Focal Point
RECAP in TABLE HEADER

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7611077331

February 06, 2004, 02:53 PM
jmdoyl1
RECAP in TABLE HEADER
I am creating a free form report that will be part of a -HTMLFORM. I am curious if someone can explain why my recap calculations are fine in the TABLE SUBFOOTER but not the TABLE SUBHEADER. ALthouth the TABLE SUBFOOTER works fine, WebFOCUS 5.2.3, is putting extra spaces in the output where the NOPRINT field would be if visable. This is creating a scroll bar in my -HTMLFORM that I don't want. The sample fex is below that works usign the TABLE SUBFOOT but if you change it to SUBHEAD the the values are not valid. I have already figured out some work arounds but would like to understand the behavior.

Jon

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR NOPRINT
MODEL NOPRINT
SALES NOPRINT

COMPUTE CNTRCAR1/I9 = IF CAR EQ 'JAGUAR' THEN 1 ELSE 0; NOPRINT

COMPUTE CNTRCAR2/I9 = IF CAR EQ 'BMW' THEN 1 ELSE 0; NOPRINT

COMPUTE CNTRCAR1A/D12.2 = IF CAR EQ 'JAGUAR' THEN SALES ELSE 0; NOPRINT

COMPUTE CNTRCAR2A/D12.2 = IF CAR EQ 'BMW' THEN SALES ELSE 0; NOPRINT
ON TABLE RECAP
CNTRCAR1T/I9 = CNTRCAR1;
CNTRCAR2T/I9 = CNTRCAR2;
CNTRCAR1AT/D14.2M = CNTRCAR1A;
CNTRCAR2AT/D14.2M = CNTRCAR2A;
ON TABLE SUBFOOT
" "
"FUEL<0+>OIL<0+>"
"<0+>Transactions<0+>ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
-*left out style sheet
END
March 18, 2004, 12:23 PM
Susan Trommer
I did a quick search on the Tech Support Site and found this information:

Focus will always attempt to align the SUB-TOTAL value with its field. There is information on using 'IN n' to position the verb object which tells FOCUS where you want the printed (vs. NOPRINT) field to display in the report. This may be potential technique to help with this issue (note I didn't have the time to try it).