Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Bursting AHTML document with parameter

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Bursting AHTML document with parameter
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello!

I've created a scorecard that includes several chart, and report objects. They're all filtered by the same single parameter (&Supplier_Code). It runs fine, and prompts the user to enter a supplier code. I'm now trying to schedule the scorecard (AHTML format), and have it send to several users. Ideally, I want to use "bursting" to have the scorecard run for each supplier code and delivere it to different e-mail addresses. I've already created a distribution list using an external file following instructions in the RC manual. It has the burst value (supplier code) and the e-mail address related to each supplier code. That said, I can't get it to work even after changing the filter to a multi-select. Here's what I'm trying to find out:

a) Does RC support AHTML document bursting that includes a single parameter? If so, what should the setup look like? I don't want to manually enter the parameter value for each supplier code (there are over 200)

b) Does the parameter used (&Supplier_Code) have to be a multi-select parameter? What should the setup in RC look like?

Appreciate it. Thank you

Luiz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Posts: 117 | Location: Denver | Registered: July 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Can you try _FOC_NULL for &Supplier_Code in the scheduler? That should run your report for all suppliers.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
BabakNYC,

Thank you for your reply. I had already tried that, and keep getting the same errors (below). I read somewhere that you must check the "Override Format" option, which I did and selected AHTML to no avail. Thanks

Luiz

Schedule ID: S05d2ba26s03bes4375sb57ascb67618e5be9, Job Description: Scorecard All Suppliers_Sched_1
, Schedule Full Path: IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Martinrea_Sandbox/~308641.686986/Scorecard_All_Suppliers_Sched_1.sch
Completed with errors/warnings
(FOC3302) INVALID DISTRIBUTION FORMAT FOR COMPOUND REPORT
(FOC3296) Error found in Coordinated Compound Report: At Component TableChart_1
Task error: IBFSException 6000: Error executing procedure Scorecard_All_Suppliers.fex

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The error doesn't seem to point to the &variable. It seems like you have something in your document that's causing this to happen. According to the manual AHTML documents can be distributed with the following exceptions:
1. Bursting is supported, except for FML reports and compound reports.
2. Can only be distributed as an email attachment. Inline email messages are not supported.

What kind of code do you have in your report? Is there any FML syntax like OVER and FOR in any of the document's components?

Does the problem go away if you don't burst?

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I just tested a compound document and tried to burst it. I got the same error message. You might want to double check with IB Tech support but when I changed my task to override format and burst PDF, it worked.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I've tried PDF, and got the errors below. Went back to AHTML, and got the previous errors. There's no FML code in the scorecard. Did you have more than one object (chart/report) when you tested? Did you use a distribution list with bursting? Thanks

(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS 10126 (HEX: 0000278E) XOPEN: 07001
(FOC1500) : [07001] [DataDirect][ODBC OpenAccess SDK driver][OpenAccess SDK SQL
(FOC1500) : Engine]Invalid number of input parameters: 0. The correct number is 1.
(FOC1500) : [10126]
(FOC3296) Error found in Coordinated Compound Report: At Component TableChart_1
Task error: IBFSException 6000: Error executing procedure Scorecard_All_Suppliers_1.fex

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This is how I'd eliminate issues one at a time:
1. Can you schedule the document without bursting?
2. Can you schedule the document without bursting with &VARIABLE set to _FOC_NULL?
3. Can you schedule the document with bursting, Override, PDF format and &VARIABLE set to _FOC_NULL?

AHTML compound document doesn't support, so I'd go back to PDF and see if I can get that to work.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
1. Can you schedule the document without bursting?
Yes, but I have to provide a value for the parameter.
2. Can you schedule the document without bursting with &VARIABLE set to _FOC_NULL?
Yes. If I don't override the format, I get an empty file back. If I change it to pdf I get the error above.

3. Can you schedule the document with bursting, Override, PDF format and &VARIABLE set to _FOC_NULL?

I don't get an e-mail for this option. The log is below. Thanks

Starting task: Task 1
Task type: WebFOCUS Report
WebFOCUS Report: /WFC/Repository/Martinrea_Sandbox/~308641.686986/Scorecard_All_Suppliers_1.fex
Task domain: Martinrea_Sandbox
Connecting to server WFSERVE with execution id 308641.686986 at 2019-05-03 17:08:53.084-0400 (1,556,917,733,084)
Executing focexec.
0 HOLDING PDF FILE ON PC DISK ...
Connection to the Reporting Server WFSERVE closed at 2019-05-03 17:08:56.150-0400 (1,556,917,736,150)
Job ran on the Reporting Server WFSERVE for 3.044 seconds
Task finished.
Starting distribution: Email
Distribution method: Email
No report for ldeassis@plex.com with a burst value of 42710.
No report for ldeassis@plex.com with a burst value of 42460.
No report to distribute.
Distribution finished.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I've created a pdf document that includes a chart and a report, but still can't burst it using a distribution list. It picks up the first value in the list, and only applies it the report (the chart doesn't show in the e-mail. Do you know if bursting works with a parameter from a sql sproc? I'm using a sql sproc as a data source, and it has the @Supplier_Code parameter (single filter in the report). I wish there was more documentation available on this. Thanks

Luiz

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure if the sp is the problem. I only tested with a table and it all worked.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I've tested a new version of the document (pdf) without using a parameter from the SQL sproc. Created a simple filter/parameter using the Supplier Code field. The new pdf has two objects (report and chart), but bursting seems to ignores the chart, and the e-mail only shows the report for the bursting values. I'm using a distribution list with two bursting values. Any chance you can share your test; maybe adding screen prints? Thanks

Luiz

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post

ENGINE INT CACHE SET ON
SET PAGE-NUM=NOLEAD
SET SQUEEZE=ON
-DEFAULTH &WF_HTMLENCODE=ON;
SET HTMLENCODE=&WF_HTMLENCODE

SET HTMLCSS=ON
SET ARGRAPHENGINE=JSCHART
-DEFAULTH &WF_EMPTYREPORT=ON;
SET EMPTYREPORT=&WF_EMPTYREPORT

SET EMBEDHEADING=ON
SET GRAPHDEFAULT=OFF

COMPOUND LAYOUT PCHOLD FORMAT AHTML
SECTION=Section_1, LAYOUT=ON, MERGE=AUTO, PAGESIZE=LETTER, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, SHOW_GLOBALFILTER=OFF, ACTIVE_UNITS=PTS, PAGECOLOR=RGB(255 255 255), $
PAGELAYOUT=1, NAME='Page 1', TEXT='Page 1', LEFTMARGIN=0.25, RIGHTMARGIN=0.25, TOPMARGIN=0.25, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.25, $
COMPONENT=TableChart_1, COMPONENT-TYPE=GRAPH, POSITION=(0.260416 0.479166), DIMENSION=(5.0 3.875), ARREPORTSIZE=DIMENSION, ARGRAPHENGINE=JSCHART , METADATA='VERSION:1.0', $
COMPONENT=TableChart_2, COMPONENT-TYPE=REPORT, POSITION=(5.427083 0.541666), DIMENSION=(5.260416 3.885416), ARREPORTSIZE=DIMENSION, METADATA='VERSION:1.0', $
END

SET COMPONENT=TableChart_1
-*component_type graph
-DEFAULTH &WF_TITLE='WebFOCUS Report';
GRAPH FILE ibisamp/car
-* Created by Info Assist for Graph
SUM CAR.BODY.DEALER_COST
BY CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY NOPRINT
BY CAR.COMP.CAR
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT AHTML
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
ON GRAPH SET HAXIS 5.0
ON GRAPH SET VAXIS 3.875
ON GRAPH SET UNITS INCHES
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH PIE
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
*GRAPH_SCRIPT

setPieDepth(0);
setPieTilt(0);
setDepthRadius(0); 
setPlace(true); 
setPieFeelerTextDisplay(1); 
setCurveFitEquationDisplay(false); 

*END
INCLUDE=IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/ibi_themes/Warm.sty,$
TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT='Chart1', ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, ARGRAPHENGINE=JSCHART, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N1, BUCKET=page, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, BUCKET=color, $
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N3, BUCKET=measure, $
*GRAPH_SCRIPT

setReportParsingErrors(false);
setSelectionEnableMove(false);
*GRAPH_JS_FINAL
"pieProperties": {
    "holeSize": "0%"
},
"agnosticSettings": {
    "chartTypeFullName": "Pie_Multi"
}

*END
ENDSTYLE
END

SET COMPONENT=TableChart_2
-*component_type report
-DEFAULTH &WF_SUMMARY='Summary';
-DEFAULTH &WF_TITLE='WebFOCUS Report';
TABLE FILE ibisamp/car
SUM CAR.BODY.SALES
BY CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY NOPRINT
BY CAR.COMP.CAR
BY CAR.BODY.BODYTYPE

ON TABLE RECOMPUTE 
ON TABLE SET CACHELINES 100
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE=IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/ibi_themes/Warm.sty,$
TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT='Report1', SUMMARY=&WF_SUMMARY.QUOTEDSTRING, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, ARGRAPHENGINE=JSCHART, $
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN='CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY', HIDE=ON, $
ENDSTYLE
END

COMPOUND END

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information, but I don't see a parameter being used. Thanks

Luiz

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It's a coordinated document based on Country. Once you coordinate you don't need a parameter to burst on country.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ok. Got it to work using PDF format. Thank you.

Luiz