Focal Point
[CASE-OPENED] PowerPoint Output

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7627008806

August 24, 2011, 05:54 PM
krishkasi
[CASE-OPENED] PowerPoint Output
Hi,
We are needing to produce a report in PPT format and it has a need to have string / text to be displayed.
We are trying to use the WRAP and the MARKUP functionality together as shown in the code below. WRAP is working fine if the MARKUP is not ON. But WRAP is not working if the MARKUP is ON. Have any of you faced this issue before with PPT output?

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR
SEATS
HEADING
" "
FOOTING
" "
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PPT
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
PAGESIZE='Letter',
LEFTMARGIN=.25 ,
RIGHTMARGIN=.15,
TOPMARGIN=1.05,
BOTTOMMARGIN=0.25,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=9,
COLOR='BLACK',
BACKCOLOR='NONE',
STYLE=NORMAL,
$
OBJECT=STRING, POSITION=(.25 1), DIMENSION=(6 1.5), TEXT='Welcome to your quarterly program summary', FONT=ARIAL, SIZE=23, COLOR=RGB(0 38 99),$
OBJECT=STRING, POSITION=(2.3 1.4), WRAP=ON, DIMENSION=(3 2), LINESPACING=MULTIPLE(2), FONT=ARIAL, SIZE=12, COLOR=RED
,TEXT='This is my text string. I wish I could format this in powerpoint. I would like to be able to seperate the paragraphs with an extra line, add bigger spaces between the lines, i.e. linespacing, be able to vertically align the column.  Is this possible??',$
OBJECT=STRING, POSITION=(2.3 3.4), MARKUP=ON, DIMENSION=(3 2), LINESPACING=MULTIPLE(2), FONT=ARIAL, SIZE=12, COLOR=RED
, JUSTIFY=LEFT, TEXT='Above example has only [b]WRAP[/b] in it and it is working fine.<br>This contains only the [i]MARKUP[/i] in it.<br>This is also working fine.',$
OBJECT=STRING, POSITION=(.3 5.4), WRAP=ON, DIMENSION=(4 2),MARKUP=ON
,TEXT='<font face="Arial" size=12 color="Green">But the problem is using the WRAP and the MARKUP together. [i]WRAP[/i] is not working right in PPT while the [i]MARKUP[/i] is on. <BR>Is it a known thing? Or are we missing somthing?</font>',$
ENDSTYLE
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Regards,
Kasi Krishnan
WF 7.1.4 & WF 7.6.9: Databases - DB2, SQL Server 2000.
August 25, 2011, 10:37 PM
njsden
I managed to reproduce your issue in my 7.7.02M environment.

What you are using in your sample code seems to be right syntax and it should work, based on documentation about this feature in WebFOCUS New Features 7.6.9:

DN: 4500927.0509
Chapter 11: Reporting Language Enhancements
Topic: Support for Markup Tags and Line Spacing Attributes in Text Boxes

I actually tested the sample code provided in the documentation and it displays the same behaviour. Wrapped output in PDF format as expected but no wrapping in PPT when WRAP=ON/MARKUP=ON.

SET PAGE-NUM=OFF
SET LAYOUTGRID=ON
TABLE FILE GGSALES
BY REGION NOPRINT
ON TABLE PCHOLD AS LINESP1 FORMAT PPT
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
type=report, size=8, $
object=string, position=(1 1), dimension=(7 3), wrap=on, markup=on, linespacing=multiple(3), 
text='<b><font face="Arial" size=12>This paragraph is triple-spaced (LINESPACING=MULTIPLE(3)):</font></b> <full>Our <i>primary</i> goal for fiscal 2006 was to accelerate our transformation to customer centricity. In this letter, I?d like to give you an update on this work, which contributed to the 22-percent increase in earnings from continuing operations we garnered for fiscal 2006. Since the past is often prologue to the future, I?d like to describe how customer centricity is influencing not only our goals for fiscal 2007, but also our long-term plans. At Gotham Grinds, customer centricity means treating each customer as a unique individual, meeting their needs with end-to-end solutions, and engaging and energizing our Employees to serve them.</full>', $
ENDSTYLE
END

Looks like a case for Tech Support.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.
August 31, 2011, 10:10 AM
Kerry
FYI, Kasi has a case with Support and it is being researched.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
March 19, 2014, 11:31 AM
Francis Mariani
I'm just getting into Power Point formatted reports and came across this. The problem still occurs in v7.7.05.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server