Focal Point
[CLOSED] SignOn API - Error : User is not permitted to use WebServices

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7637020196

January 07, 2019, 04:22 PM
Siva1925
[CLOSED] SignOn API - Error : User is not permitted to use WebServices
Hi All,
I am trying to sign on into webFOCUS using the SignOn RESTful WebService. But it woks for certain user ids and for some user ids it just gives error "User is not permitted to use WebServices".
Is there any place i need to change to enable RESTful webServices for every user.

WF 8105M
Windows 10

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,
January 07, 2019, 07:33 PM
TobyMills
Hi Siva

It's possible you've exceeded your number of MR users or your Web Services license key isn't set up like you'd expect.

Lets check some basics...

Are you an admin? If so log onto the /ibi_apps WebFOCUS client and navigate to the Administration Console.

Choose Utilities

Under License Management, Click on WebFOCUS Client.

Toward the top you'll see a section called User Licenses.

It'll list a few things there showing you how many users are using a feature and your maximum number of users (like one I'm looking at says Managed Reporting 91/100 so it's almost full).

As far as I know, once you enable Rest Webservices, it's enabled for everybody -but the rules still apply about how many people can use Managed Reporting (for example).

Take a look and see if that answers your question.

After that, you'll need to open a case and send IBI both your HTTP request (the one to log on), and the HTTP response that comes back to your browser.

Hope that helps.
Toby Mills, CISSP
January 09, 2019, 07:19 AM
Frans
For Rest, you also need to grant the privelige in security center (Unter Advanced Reporting)

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.